Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2017, 02:30 PM

2 posts, read 976 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody, I had a Kenmore one piece washer-dryer (dubbed the "laundry center" (?)) and the washer part had a major leak and I think it is time to get a new one. This Kenmore lasted at least 12 years ever since we moved into the house. I want to get another Kenmore but none seem to have many positive reviews. I guess they just do not make things like the old days anymore.

I was wondering if someone can recommend a reasonably reliable machine and what would be a good price for it (including shipping and installation if possible). I guess it has to be a local deal in Broward then. I do not need anything fancy and I do not need it urgently. I was thinking about getting a stackable washer and dryer but heard the front load washer requires a lot more maintenance. Also I do not know if they require different venting and hosing outlets from a washer in the past. Here are the things I think would affect what choice I have:

1) The space I have is upstairs on a two story townhouse (so it may affect delivery fee?)

2) The space is like a closet, the opening is 30x85 in, the space inside is 33' depth x 90' height x 40' wide (too small for the stackable?)

I am ok with scratch and dent though I heard appliances from sears outlet are pretty chancy. And I try to avoid Brandsmart at all cost.

I anticipate living in this house for another 5 years so if the new machine can function up to then that would be a blessing.

Many thanks and have a nice weekend everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 02:34 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,641,550 times
I have a 18 year Kenmore and dryer Kenmore even older- None have ever caused an issue since Sears may soon be gone I wonder what will become of Kenmore. Do you have a famous Tate store or Lowes check there site for reviews.

Old 01-13-2017, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 976 times
thanks! Does anybody have any experience dealing with the smaller independent stores that sell used appliances? If so can you recommend me a good store? I see on craiglist some stores in Broward have pretty decent looking units for $300 or so and probably will be less than $500 with installation and everything and think it may be worth it to give it a try as long as I can find a reputable store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area