Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 11:48 AM

4 posts, read 4,401 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I live in NYC. I have lived in Alabama in a mobile home park before. I really liked it. I put in for a transfer to the office in Coral Gables. I am well aware that I cannot afford to live in Coral Gables (and that it is in MD County and this is the Broward forum). My commute time right now is about an hour each way. So, I'm open to a 1hr-1hr 15 min commute. I can afford to pay about $1,300 a month. I've been going blind looking at what is out there for that rate, but most of it seems to be *in* Miami (not the type of living I'm looking for) and have bars on the windows(!). Or, be in a high-rise, resort style building of some sort.

I really like dirt. I want to plant flowers and stand with my bare feet on my dirt. So I'm really trying to find a duplex/cottage/single family home/mobile home that is in my range. I could afford to buy some of the mobile homes on the market, but I'd really like to rent for a year or so while I acclimate to the area and the new job to make sure it's as great of a fit as I suspect it will be.

I do not have kids so schools don't matter to me. I am not racist, so living in an area with a high concentration of persons of a different ethnicity or nationality from me, or who speak a different language does not concern me at all. I'm not particularly concerned about crime levels (but I would not live in a house with bars on the windows). I myself come from a lower socio-economic background, so living in a neighborhood that is considered "poor" is not a turn-off in itself. I just want some privacy and some dirt.

Is this possible?

Is anyone specifically aware of any mobile home communities in Davie or Hallandale Beach or Hialeah that *rent* homes in the community?

Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 12:27 PM

5,017 posts, read 7,429,576 times
It is going to be extremely hard in your budget and I think the only way you might pull this off is to wait for season to end and come down and drive around and look for "for rent" signs.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:27 PM

1,049 posts, read 957,525 times
There is actually a small mobile home park on the edge of Coral Gables along 32nd Ave on the corner of SW 8th St. It's very central and you might find something in that price range, however, they don't have lawns that I know of.

There is another mobile home park east of US-1 in North Miami off of NE 135th St, the community is called Highlands Village or something like that. You can find something in that range there and they have small lawns. The area is pretty decent as well.

As far as Broward, I know there are some mobile parks in Davie, Dania, Pembroke Park and some other spots but it seems far to commute from there to Coral Gables everyday.

Old 04-08-2017, 11:26 AM

51 posts, read 82,129 times
Look into Dania Beach, FL. They have a nice clean mobile community near lakeshore Dr and Sheridan for under $1200 rent per month. Plus the mobile homes are cheap and affordable there right now. Let me know if you need any help.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:11 PM

21 posts, read 21,764 times
fort lauderdale could work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area