Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 08:51 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,560,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
I use to live in South Florida > Miami area. I had a lot of friends that lived in Fort Lauderdale and love it. It has more of that less glamorized laid back feel than Miami Beach, but I am not sure how they market or separate their brand to people internationally or out of state. If I want to vacation in South Florida, I want to feel the authentic Miami Beach culture. Art Deco, clubs, and beautiful beaches. I live in Tampa now. Honestly if I do a beach vacation it will be in Miami Beach or if I want a laid back one, the Florida Keys or Florida West Coast beaches like Sarasota beaches.
This is an excellent point because if you as a tourist are going to visit SE Florida for the first time do you go to Ft. Lauderdale or South Beach ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 10:21 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,315,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
This is an excellent point because if you as a tourist are going to visit SE Florida for the first time do you go to Ft. Lauderdale or South Beach ?
Don't know if this is still true, but there used to be a lot more English speaking people in Ft. Lauderdale than in Miami. Ft. Lauderdale used to have a classier feel, while Miami Beach was more vibrant.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:42 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,560,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Don't know if this is still true, but there used to be a lot more English speaking people in Ft. Lauderdale than in Miami. Ft. Lauderdale used to have a classier feel, while Miami Beach was more vibrant.
Well I'm not sure about a classier feel because I remember Spring Break in the 80's and it being called Ft. Liquordale !
To the point that the city drove away Spring Breakers.
I'm not sure with what "there used to be a lot more English speaking people in Ft. Lauderdale than in Miami has to do with tourism though.
Most of SE Florida is full of multiple languages now.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:02 PM

252 posts, read 356,716 times
Legalize marijuana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area