Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 08:06 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,281,893 times

Advertisements

South Florida and thinking of finding a nice place near the beach LOL for only 200k even a condo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 07:23 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,613,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotandHumid View Post
If you see someone walking on the street in Fort Lauderdale they are usually homeless. Just about everyone drives everywhere here even though most people from other places will tell you they, "moved here for the weather," which most likely means they didn't want to keep driving in snow.

If someone here does get the urge to go for a walk in a business area, they usually get in their car and drive to downtown Hollywood, South Beach or Key West since the city governments in those areas seem to understand that most tourists don't come to Florida to drive around in a car all day. Most tourtists come here to experience the sunshine and warm weather that most of the locals here shun like vampires driving around in their dark window tinted cars and shopping in shopping malls.

The Fort Lauderdale area was not set up to be for people who like to walk to places and the city governments have done their best to keep it that way. Oakland Park Boulevard used to be lined with trees years ago but the City had them cut down so they could widen Oakland Park Boulevard from four lanes to six. Forget about seeing any crosswalks built over our superhighway style streets as the mayor of Fort Lauderdale is too busy trying to chase the homeless away instead of trying to create decent paying jobs for them and the rest of us to to go work at.

Don't worry about not having enough to do here. You'll be spending so much time in your car getting from one place to the next here you won't have much free time to do anything anyway, particularly if you work in a service industry job here because you'll probably have to have 2 or 3 of them to pay your rent or mortgage because of the low pay scales here.
Yeah, because those homeless people taking over our childrens parks are so very interested in jobs....

Are you bitter or what? You sound miserable. And that has clouded your outlook immensely. Your description of South Florida couldn't be more inaccurate. You complain about widening of streets, then complain about how you have to spend so much time in your car to get anywhere... Doh... Whine whine whine.

I know plenty of people in the service industry who aren't working multiple jobs to pay their rent. In fact, they do quite reasonable and seem to be more socially active than anyone else I know. Only one actually has a roommate. Wonder how they all seem to manage just fine... Everyone must be dealing drugs to all those homeless people walking down the street looking for jobs! If it weren't for that darn mayor widening the streets!!!!!

Old 07-07-2017, 07:47 AM
l22

30 posts, read 32,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
Yeah, because those homeless people taking over our childrens parks are so very interested in jobs....

Are you bitter or what? You sound miserable. And that has clouded your outlook immensely. Your description of South Florida couldn't be more inaccurate. You complain about widening of streets, then complain about how you have to spend so much time in your car to get anywhere... Doh... Whine whine whine.

I know plenty of people in the service industry who aren't working multiple jobs to pay their rent. In fact, they do quite reasonable and seem to be more socially active than anyone else I know. Only one actually has a roommate. Wonder how they all seem to manage just fine... Everyone must be dealing drugs to all those homeless people walking down the street looking for jobs! If it weren't for that darn mayor widening the streets!!!!!

He's not bitter, just accurate and more in touch with reality than some on here trying to view South FL through rose-colored glasses, which just don't show what's really there. South Florida is kind of like seeing what first appears to be the most beautiful woman in the world. Then you talk to her a little bit and realize she's absolutely ugly. If you live on the beach, the beach is nice though. As for everything else, meh.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:01 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,613,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l22 View Post
He's not bitter, just accurate and more in touch with reality than some on here trying to view South FL through rose-colored glasses, which just don't show what's really there. South Florida is kind of like seeing what first appears to be the most beautiful woman in the world. Then you talk to her a little bit and realize she's absolutely ugly. If you live on the beach, the beach is nice though. As for everything else, meh.
Absolutely anywhere you can find the negatives and declare "meh"... Doesn't matter where you live. The beach isn't perfect either. Florida has so much to offer, it's an outstanding place. Life is what you make of it and if you decide to be miserable because Florida doesn't do it for you, go somewhere else.

There is two sides to every story. This poster seems upset that the mayor is actively getting homeless people out of our childrens parks and public spaces. He seems upset that the government is widening roads to help with traffic flow. I mean, where do you even go with that? This is someone who just wants to be miserable and spread their misery. Do you not realize that the same person complaining about widening streets is the same person who will complain about traffic? These are people are simply miserable and addicted to complaining.

Me? I live in South Florida and would never, ever want to live anywhere else. I absolutely love it here. I'm not blind to the issues, but I'm also aware that EVERY place has issues. I visit my family in the countryside in Denmark and they complain about stuff all the same - yet supposedly happiest place on earth. It's all the same, and miserable people will be miserable anywhere.

I go to the beach. I visit the parks and get outside and do stuff. I seek out all the amazing restaurants, farmers markets, etc. I regularly head down to the Keys or go to the Bahamas. Visit my dads lake house at Placid. Checked out rocket launches at Canaveral. Theme parks in Orlando. The springs and beautiful rivers in central/northern Florida. The history in St. Augustine. I make the choice to enjoy being here. If you all want to be miserable, have at it... but no need to recruit others into your misery.

Old 07-09-2017, 06:27 AM

8 posts, read 5,304 times
Hopefully Moving,

You can definitely find this:
A couple places I would look in the Fort Lauderdale beach area:

Sky Harbor East condos
Village at Harbor Beach
Lake Mayan Apt.

I found a lot of Condos in the 200-300K range, aside from the ones I mentioned. I always recommend this area because its close to the beach, quiet and safe and also close to all the entertainment you could possibly want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area