U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 08:42 AM

169 posts, read 152,790 times

Advertisements

I'm a single guy in my early 30s and currently live in Charlotte. I used to live in Orlando and made the move to NC a couple of years ago but I think I might be ready to head back to Florida.

Ideally i'd like to buy a condo. I wouldn't mind a 1 bedroom condo 800-1,000 square feet and would like to keep it at $200k or less (could go a little higher for the right place). I could also do a 2br condo up to $260-270k but i'd end up getting a roommate which isn't a problem.

Obviously I prefer being close to the beach but with budget constraints I know that isn't always possible. My main objective is a neighborhood where there's plenty of single girls, no crazy crime numbers, and entertainment within walking distance.

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions? I'm coming to Fort Lauderdale for a week at the end of the month and would love to also get some pointers on areas I should just walk thru and explore so I can also get a better feeling for the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 10:50 AM

322 posts, read 246,222 times
Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale sounds like your place for now

Old 05-10-2017, 11:33 AM

390 posts, read 134,428 times
Las Olas #1; Ft. Lauderdale Beach #2, or if you want to move further South, then South Beach #1, Downtown Miami #2.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:55 PM

4,331 posts, read 4,113,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Las Olas #1; Ft. Lauderdale Beach #2, or if you want to move further South, then South Beach #1, Downtown Miami #2.
Good post

Old 05-10-2017, 01:55 PM

I thought about Miami but it's just a little too rowdy for me. Fort Lauderdale seems like a good mix of entertainment and good living arrangements. I have a job that allows me to live anywhere so that's not an issue at all.

Realistically is my budget for a condo in Las Olas or Fort Lauderdale beach enough or is it a bit low?

Old 05-10-2017, 01:57 PM

4,331 posts, read 4,113,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefullyMoving View Post
Realistically is my budget for a condo in Las Olas or Fort Lauderdale beach enough or is it a bit low?
It really depends on what you're used to.
Are you looking for upscale? Washer/dryer in unit?
Is it possible for you to post a link to something at least similar to what you're looking for or living in now?

There's nothing available in your range right now.. but I have a friend who's lived at River Reach for years, loves it, and it's in a great location.
http://www.river-reach.net/

Old 05-10-2017, 02:12 PM

It certainly doesn't have to be luxury but also not a dump. Yes, W/D in unit isn't a requirement but it's what i'm used to so it makes life a lot easier.

I'd like a newer building (1980s or newer) since in the 70s building codes were upgraded quite a bit. Also, a building not filled with retirees. I know, can't discriminate and I don't party but I don't want to have to be quiet at 7pm because everyone is in bed either.

I'm also ok with a condo that needs some "fixing" for the right price.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:29 AM

21 posts, read 7,926 times
for that price gallery one, las olas by the river, leisure sands would have options. downtown fort lauderdale/las olas area is best bet.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:15 PM

35 posts, read 40,217 times
HopefullyMoving,

If your looking for beautiful women there are plenty in and around South, FL, so I don't see this as an issue for you at all. If your looking for entertainment within walking distance then def Las Olas Blvd. The scene there is great especially just touring the beaches and the local food is awesome if you want to take a girl out on a quick date, etc.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:51 PM

My main concern is my budget for a condo. In most cities you can't buy a 1 bedroom condo for $200k in prime areas. I looked a little on Zillow and there isn't that much selection for that price range. Maybe i'm searching wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area