Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 06:08 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,795,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
$400k would barely get you into Parkland. Need to be in the $500k range for a nice, newer neighborhood. Otherwise, you can find nice gated neighborhoods in Coral Springs.

We got a home for a client in a gated neighborhood of Coral Springs, on a lake with a pool for $485k in move-in condition. There were non-lake front homes in the low 400s. They wanted a 4bedroom+ house so everything in Parkland was $500k and honestly, the homes weren't that impressive nor were they on a lake.

Otherwise, Weston. Good schools and close to the the 595 & I-75 for getting around the cities.

IMO Coral Springs is unfortunately situated in terms of highways.

In Weston - you can get to the I-595 Express Lanes (50 cents) within 5-8 minutes and zoom to Fort Lauderdale quite quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 10:47 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,613,456 times
... and Coral Springs has plenty of depressed areas and bad schools, unless you get in that small tract where you share schools with Parkland. You are essentially trying to avoid Coral Springs High... among other bad schools. Coral Springs has a very limited area where you share schools with Parkland and outside of that, it's the hood.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:19 AM

3 posts, read 2,164 times
Thank you! Working downtown Ft Lauderdale but also able to work from home and have clients north so its more important to have a family place than the commute as a top priority.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:29 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,613,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsindelar View Post
Thank you! Working downtown Ft Lauderdale but also able to work from home and have clients north so its more important to have a family place than the commute as a top priority.
Cooper City or Weston is a no brainer in this case. Access to 595 takes you right to Fort Lauderdale.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:36 AM

351 posts, read 458,785 times
You still can find a home in Weston for $400K. However, I would recommend to wait until July if possible - right now the market is moving super fast. I put a house in the market for $569K and within two days it went pending sale. It's crazy out there - mostly families buying before the new school year.
I agree that Parkland is a little to far for your commute and Coral Springs is not an all safe city.
As mentioned, you're now left with Weston and Cooper City.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:05 PM

196 posts, read 158,343 times
Do keep in mind living in Parkland, or Weston, especially, you're living about as far west as you can go (hence the latter's name). If you want to do anything on or near the coast, namely going to the beach, you'll be driving a lot. 595 is a bit tame compared to 95, but in no way a cake walk.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:32 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,795,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereitwent View Post
Do keep in mind living in Parkland, or Weston, especially, you're living about as far west as you can go (hence the latter's name). If you want to do anything on or near the coast, namely going to the beach, you'll be driving a lot. 595 is a bit tame compared to 95, but in no way a cake walk.
Hasn't stopped me going to the beach almost every weekend, sometimes both Saturday and Sunday, and then some.

You you have extra cash, you can join a beach club (Lago Mar) on a beautiful beach, only 25 minutes away from Weston. You don't even have to pack beach chairs -just jump in a car and drive over, everything you need is there.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:25 AM

196 posts, read 158,343 times
Oh, speaking of that, if you're going to spend any significant amount of time on 595 (and or South Florida) invest in good, full coverage insurance for all of your vehicles and drivers. You'll use every cent of it.

Dash cameras that continuously record are the bees knees, too. I personally have four: One on the front, one on the back, and one on each side that are wide angle fisheyes with dual hard drives that can record up to 3,000 hours of HD video then they start uploading to the cloud. No accidents in 17 years of living in South Florida, I must have a bunch of leprechauns watching over me. I literally see accidents weekly where the "cars" have been rolled into unrecognizable balls of metal -- think tin foil balls. WEEKLY!

Last edited by Whereitwent; 05-18-2017 at 02:37 AM..

Old 05-18-2017, 03:37 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,771,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsindelar View Post
That's what you think until a month of commuting in South Florida. As you will learn, it is a huge stressor to have any commute in FLL. Consider visiting and take the commute during the times you expect to be on the road (off times can be very deceptive) before making any long term commitment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area