Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 05:57 PM

142 posts, read 131,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
I'm sure what the OP meant was that the traffic was nothing compared to all the hype she'd heard about it/what she pictured it would be like.
It's all relative.
Probably. I cruised the whole time at 70mph. If that is traffic, then we Midwesterners speak a different language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 05:59 PM

By the way, I signed a contract to lease today andddddd the verdict is ..... Bal Harbour. LOL. My friend showed me a high rise there on the beach with a pool and all the amenities, and I fell in love. Again, 30 min away. Again, Google Maps projects that as the typical during my work hours ) Move in July 17th

Old 06-29-2017, 06:07 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestBlondie View Post
By the way, I signed a contract to lease today andddddd the verdict is ..... Bal Harbour. LOL. My friend showed me a high rise there on the beach with a pool and all the amenities, and I fell in love. Again, 30 min away. Again, Google Maps projects that as the typical during my work hours ) Move in July 17th
Good for you!
Congratulations again!

Old 06-29-2017, 07:37 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
How funny. Bal Harbour of all places. Not expected. It's the little town everyone loves to hate. For a town with 2,500 residents, they have marine patrol and plenty of road patrol to issue tickets... constantly. Lol. Pretty much everyone knows someone or has themselves gotten a ticket in Bal Harbour. Cool spot though, especially since you are just moving here and being near the beach is awesome when you are new.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
How funny. Bal Harbour of all places. Not expected. It's the little town everyone loves to hate. For a town with 2,500 residents, they have marine patrol and plenty of road patrol to issue tickets... constantly. Lol. Pretty much everyone knows someone or has themselves gotten a ticket in Bal Harbour. Cool spot though, especially since you are just moving here and being near the beach is awesome when you are new.
Well, luckily the place I chose has assigned covered parking. My friend told me it's a super cool spot. It's only a half hour away from her up in Ft Lauderdale. It's only a half hour from work. And yeah, I am new, so having a beach view apartment is going to be like living in another world for me for a while. I'm pretty happy. I love nice, new, and a pool. This building is newly renovated and has all the amenities - a garage, gym, spa, pool, sauna, stainless appliances, private beach, even mini-market. Plus it's in a more action packed spot. So I kinda feel like I'm getting the best of all worlds. My comforts, plus excitement.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:20 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
Quote:
Congrats. Bal Harbor is one of the nicest areas.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:08 AM

1,333 posts, read 2,200,722 times
Congratulations. That's an amazing location if you can afford it. It is where the richest people in Miami live. You are near everything in South Beach, Sunny Isles, Aventura.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logybogy View Post
Congratulations. That's an amazing location if you can afford it. It is where the richest people in Miami live. You are near everything in South Beach, Sunny Isles, Aventura.
Thank you! My friend told me the same, so she steered me well!

Old 07-02-2017, 01:55 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
Quote:
Thank you! My friend told me the same, so she steered me well!
You were able to find oceanfront in Bal Harbour for under $1500/mo?

When my wife originally moved here, she had an ocean front place, too. Loved it. I think it's the best way to initially experience and enjoy the area if you can afford it and the drive works.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
You were able to find oceanfront in Bal Harbour for under $1500/mo?

When my wife originally moved here, she had an ocean front place, too. Loved it. I think it's the best way to initially experience and enjoy the area if you can afford it and the drive works.

Nope I was not lol. I did find one for 1850 though haha! They are paying cable/internet, there is a full service gym and a pool. So I can ditch my gym, internet, and tanning package monthly bills I have in the Midwest. That makes up 150 of it. I ended up pushing my budget to 1650 after I got my offer letter. Sooooo, basically I'm giving myself a lil present

Plus it's a partially furnished studio, so I'm ditching movers and just selling my stuff and driving a uhaul down towing my car. Saving about 1k there as well. Plus no week in an extended stay. It all just kinda made more economical sense in the end. Plus I just know I'm gonna love this building
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area