Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 11:48 AM

142 posts, read 130,465 times

Advertisements

I have a potential job offer in Hialeah, but I would like to live in Broward County. Ideally I'd like to live in Fort Lauderdale, as I have friends there, but that commute looks miserable. Are they any other nice areas in Broward that are safe and fun for a 34 yr old single white lesbian female, but also within 25 min of where my job would be?

Ideally I'd like to live in between where I would work and play ... aka between Hialeah and Fort Lauderdale.

Any tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 12:55 PM

5,013 posts, read 7,385,499 times
What about east Hollywood?

Old 06-19-2017, 01:24 PM

I don't know, you tell me lol

What is east hollywood like?

Old 06-19-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestBlondie View Post
I don't know, you tell me lol

What is east hollywood like?
You are too funny!!
Find something near Young Circle... here's a quick link... Google "Young Circle Hollywood, FL" and you'll get hits.

Hollywood, Florida events - Things to do in South Florida

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/rest...lywood-6901025

http://www.hollywoodfl.org/65/ArtsPark-at-Young-Circle

http://www.hollywoodfl.org/1049/Hollywood-Beach

Last edited by cfbs2691; 06-19-2017 at 01:52 PM..

Old 06-19-2017, 02:20 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,322,958 times
East Hollywood is best for the commute. Wilton Manors might be a little too far and anything near Las Olas would be great as well if you don't mind the hike.

Pembroke Pines would be a much easier commute and close to a Trader Joe's but can be a little surburban for some. Unfortunately Hialeah is in the 'center' so its going to be traffic regardless to get there. Pines would be the easiest commute given the proximity to i-75. I have clients that live in Pelican Point which is walking distance Trader Joe's and not too far from the interstate.

East Hollywood would be around Young Circle all the way to the beach. Some decently priced condos in the Radius building and in & around the circle where all the bars/restaurants are.

Hope that helps!

Old 06-19-2017, 02:22 PM

Thank you! I'll take a look at these links tonight. Is that the best option? It looks like it'd be a good area, as it has East in the name lol. I would love something close to the beach if possible. But for me, I'm mainly looking for safe, relatively affordable, and a good place for a 34 yr old white female

Old 06-19-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
East Hollywood is best for the commute. Wilton Manors might be a little too far and anything near Las Olas would be great as well if you don't mind the hike.

Pembroke Pines would be a much easier commute and close to a Trader Joe's but can be a little surburban for some. Unfortunately Hialeah is in the 'center' so its going to be traffic regardless to get there. Pines would be the easiest commute given the proximity to i-75. I have clients that live in Pelican Point which is walking distance Trader Joe's and not too far from the interstate.

East Hollywood would be around Young Circle all the way to the beach. Some decently priced condos in the Radius building and in & around the circle where all the bars/restaurants are.

Hope that helps!
Wilton Manors is where my friend lives. And she wants to move to Las Olas. It seems pretty far from Hialeah though? I threw it into maps and it looked like a 40 min hike or so. So I've been thinking somewhere in between there. Pembroke seems pretty far inland. I'm thinking East Hollywood may be where I start looking. Unless there are any other opinions

Old 06-19-2017, 02:30 PM

By the way, while I'm here and have your attention, I am going to give my reason for moving to the area that my parents moved to FLL area to retire, and that I eventually wish to be down by them (most companies are curious as to why, and I am going to keep my true reasons to myself.) What part of FLL could I name drop that someone would reasonably go to retire? I don't know how to pronounce Las Olas lol

Old 06-19-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestBlondie View Post
By the way, while I'm here and have your attention, I am going to give my reason for moving to the area that my parents moved to FLL area to retire, and that I eventually wish to be down by them (most companies are curious as to why, and I am going to keep my true reasons to myself.) What part of FLL could I name drop that someone would reasonably go to retire? I don't know how to pronounce Las Olas lol
Why commit to having to tell countless lies and have to remember what lie you told who?
Why not just indicate it's personal or simply say "family" and let it be known you don't want to expand on the specifics?
That being said.. if you must... just say Fort Lauderdale as I'm sure you can pronounce it

Last edited by cfbs2691; 06-19-2017 at 02:59 PM..

Old 06-19-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Why commit to having to tell countless lies and have to remember what lie you told who?
Why not just indicate it's personal or simply say "family" and let it be known you don't want to expand on the specifics?
That being said.. if you must... just say Fort Lauderdale as I'm sure you can pronounce it
Lol no worries I'll be able to count the lie ... 1

Okay I'll say Fort Lauderdale lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area