U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2017, 02:10 AM

3,381 posts, read 6,764,972 times

Advertisements

Hi All!

I currently live in South Broward and work in Boca Raton near Town Center Mall. I may have a chance to move this September but I am really not familiar with the area and hoping some locals can help me out.

I posted a similar thread in the Palm Beach forum but I figured I may have more luck in Broward.

I would like to pinpoint an area and/or neighborhoods with other young professionals that is in my price range and safe. Since I would be single I would like to be in an area where I could meet new people and that isn't super transient (my current area is pretty much all hotels and snowbirds). I've always made friends with my neighbors but my current building is so transient I have not met anyone here I can really consider a neighbor.

About me:

From the North East
29 - young professional woman with small dog
I have family in Aventura and friends in Miami so I would like to possibly stay in Boca or south of Boca.
My rent budget would probably be between 1000-1300 for a 1 bedroom.
I prefer living near the beach or fun areas to go out in and meet people around my age.
Ideal area would be safe enough for families but with lots of mid-late 20s-30s single people. Possibly even walking distance to the beach, groceries, etc.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 03:15 PM

1,032 posts, read 402,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Hi All!

I currently live in South Broward and work in Boca Raton near Town Center Mall. I may have a chance to move this September but I am really not familiar with the area and hoping some locals can help me out.

I posted a similar thread in the Palm Beach forum but I figured I may have more luck in Broward.

I would like to pinpoint an area and/or neighborhoods with other young professionals that is in my price range and safe. Since I would be single I would like to be in an area where I could meet new people and that isn't super transient (my current area is pretty much all hotels and snowbirds). I've always made friends with my neighbors but my current building is so transient I have not met anyone here I can really consider a neighbor.

About me:

From the North East
I have family in Aventura and friends in Miami so I would like to possibly stay in Boca or south of Boca.
I prefer living near the beach or fun areas to go out in and meet people around my age.
Ideal area would be safe enough for families but with lots of mid-late 20s-30s single people. Possibly even walking distance to the beach, groceries, etc.

Thanks!
Define "walking distance." I don't think in South Florida you will find anything near that price range near the beach unless it was one bedroom dump apartment.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:10 PM

3,381 posts, read 6,764,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Define "walking distance." I don't think in South Florida you will find anything near that price range near the beach unless it was one bedroom dump apartment.
I guess either walking distance to the beach (15 minutes or so) or if not near the beach possibly walking distance to a publix/winndixie/whole foods and maybe a starbucks.

Thanks

Old 07-02-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
I guess either walking distance to the beach (15 minutes or so) or if not near the beach possibly walking distance to a publix/winndixie/whole foods and maybe a starbucks.

Thanks
Still will be hard. Why walking distance to the grocery store? Just get in your car.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:47 AM

49 posts, read 76,480 times
"Walking distance" really isn't a thing in most South Florida areas that aren't totally metropolitan.. Why you would even want to walk someplace anymore is beyond me with all the robberies targeting women down here. The more north you go the less 'walking distance' is a thing unless you have a much bigger budget than 1300/month or want to live in some dump on the beach.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:35 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,850,136 times
Quote:
Hi All!

About me:

From the North East

Thanks!

The Manor at Flagler Village. Lots of young professionals. Very per friendly. Walking distance to Las Olas. Biking distance to the beach.

Although not sure budget-wise...

Old 07-04-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaLEO View Post
"Walking distance" really isn't a thing in most South Florida areas that aren't totally metropolitan.. Why you would even want to walk someplace anymore is beyond me with all the robberies targeting women down here. The more north you go the less 'walking distance' is a thing unless you have a much bigger budget than 1300/month or want to live in some dump on the beach.
I was about to say the same thing too. With all the sketchy stories, especially in SEFL hell no. A young lady walking along. Just asking for trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area