U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 12:17 PM

328 posts, read 220,676 times

Advertisements

lol, that and random shopping carts. Never a good sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 12:42 PM

4,331 posts, read 4,116,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongStreet View Post
One wrong turn on Atlantic heading east to I-95 and you're in one of the worst places in Broward. That section of Pompano north of Atlantic between NW 31st Ave and Powerline is REALLY bad.
I had to drive north on Powerline from Atlantic and literally ducked down in my car so my eyes could just see over the steering wheel. In the middle of the day. That is a scary neighborhood.

But then I have a friend with a friend who lives in Palm Aire who thinks I'm just a big baby.

Old 08-04-2017, 12:56 PM

328 posts, read 220,676 times
Yeah, it's pretty damn bad and I have been in some hoods. I've walked around Liberty City and felt safer than just driving through that area.

Palm Aire is nice and so is the general area south of Atlantic. But that area north of Atlantic is just scary.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:01 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,853,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabell228 View Post
That's good to know. Also, I didn't know about the rain thing lol that's good to know also. Then we will look closer at Pompano Beach area. I saw on other posts that Cypress Creek and Palm Aire are good places? Is it good west of 95?
Maybe you have other options? I am trying to do my homework. DH job got postponed until the spring.

Thank you
Be careful with "closer at Pompano Beach". Lots of areas in Pompano Beach are not so nice.

Cypress Creek near i-95 is really an office building area. Or North Andrews Gardens, which is nothing to write home about.
Closer to US1 though you have Imperial Point, which is nice.

Palm Aire is pretty nice.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:02 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,853,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
If you see chairs out in front of the houses, avoid that neighborhood.
Or couches

Old 08-04-2017, 08:03 PM

94 posts, read 25,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
I know because I own one that rents for under $1500
I thought you didn't have anything to do with the real estate business?

Now it all makes sense, not that I didn't know already. Nobody sits around vehemently defending something unless they have an agenda.

OP: Again, stay where you are until you can afford exactly what you want. Don't downgrade or settle.

Old 08-05-2017, 09:51 AM

27 posts, read 8,904 times
Our other option is Plantation. We have family there. They live in a beautiful home SW 7th Court.
I just found an apartment complex at Plantation Colony that got very good reviews. I am looking for your thoughts?

Old 08-05-2017, 11:07 AM

94 posts, read 25,139 times
I'm not sure what "thoughts" you are looking for, as everyone is giving you the same "thoughts" from your last thread. I think you're looking for validation, which is totally different from someone's opinion or advice -- don't get advice and validation mixed up, as so many do on this board.

If you need validation for your decision, it's probably not the best option for you. You'll know when you come across something that truly fits your situation. Remember, you, not us, will be living in the place you choose down here, so any validation is moot.

Old 08-07-2017, 06:52 AM

4,331 posts, read 4,116,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
I'm not sure what "thoughts" you are looking for, as everyone is giving you the same "thoughts" from your last thread. I think you're looking for validation, which is totally different from someone's opinion or advice -- don't get advice and validation mixed up, as so many do on this board.

If you need validation for your decision, it's probably not the best option for you. You'll know when you come across something that truly fits your situation. Remember, you, not us, will be living in the place you choose down here, so any validation is moot.

Great post, well said

Old 08-07-2017, 09:49 AM

1,871 posts, read 919,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
I thought you didn't have anything to do with the real estate business?

Now it all makes sense, not that I didn't know already. Nobody sits around vehemently defending something unless they have an agenda.

OP: Again, stay where you are until you can afford exactly what you want. Don't downgrade or settle.
I said I'm not a realtor. And honestly, I'd rather lower real estate prices than higher since I buy cash and rent the units, so if anything, my agenda would be to bash the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area