Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 01:42 PM

835 posts, read 475,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
I looked in that area on Realtor.com and found a really nice efficiency for just over $1K.
That'd be some cramped quarters for a family

Maybe if you have a family bed Bucket-family (Willy Wonka) style?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 01:46 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,448,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
That'd be some cramped quarters for a family

Maybe if you have a family bed Bucket-family (Willy Wonka) style?
Funny!
It just seems if a nice efficiency's over $1K... I can't see a decent townhouse/house for $1500...
But what do I know.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:35 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,632,553 times
You can get a very decent townhouse in a decent area for under $1500/mo with everything you are asking for. I know because I own one that rents for under $1500 that fits every description you asked. Look around Pompano, just be careful as you can end up looking in the wrong neighborhood. If you find anything online, post it here and we'll tell you if that neighborhood is good or not.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:34 PM

27 posts, read 29,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
You can get a very decent townhouse in a decent area for under $1500/mo with everything you are asking for. I know because I own one that rents for under $1500 that fits every description you asked. Look around Pompano, just be careful as you can end up looking in the wrong neighborhood. If you find anything online, post it here and we'll tell you if that neighborhood is good or not.
Thank you

We are okay with apartments, townhomes or condos as long as they accept small dogs.
2bed/2bath with laundry in unit. We have been looking up the names of the associations and the ratings on them.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:47 AM

What about Coconut Creek? Any recommendations on what area in Coconut Creek to look at?
I like that is not a far drive to the beach and the commute will be doable for my husband.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabell228 View Post
What about Coconut Creek? Any recommendations on what area in Coconut Creek to look at?
I like that is not a far drive to the beach and the commute will be doable for my husband.
I really like Coconut Creek and it's really improved over the years.
There are a few bad areas.. but if you post something you find on here.. we can tell you if it's a good/bad area.
It is a great location - other than it being west.
OP you understand that as you move west from the ocean.. the further west you go the more it rains... right? (And it is noticeable - just depends on ones preference)
It would probably be more like a 45 minute commute to Oakland Park (at least) and much longer during season.
(Depending on exactly where in Oakland Park your husband's commuting to.)

Personally, if I were working in Oakland Park, I'd find something closer.
I don't think you understand the amount of traffic down here.
If you're using an online GPS/get directions type thing... I usually double whatever they indicate for down here.

Last edited by cfbs2691; 08-04-2017 at 08:43 AM..

Old 08-04-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I really like Coconut Creek and it's really improved over the years.
There are a few bad areas.. but if you post something you find on here.. we can tell you if it's a good/bad area.
It is a great location - other than it being west.
OP you understand that as you move west from the ocean.. the further west you go the more it rains... right? (And it is noticeable - just depends on ones preference)
It would probably be more like a 45 minute commute to Oakland Park (at least) and much longer during season.
(Depending on exactly where in Oakland Park your husband's commuting to.)

Personally, if I were working in Oakland Park, I'd find something closer.
I don't think you understand the amount of traffic down here.
If you're using an online GPS/get directions type thing... I usually double whatever they indicate for down here.
That's good to know. Also, I didn't know about the rain thing lol that's good to know also. Then we will look closer at Pompano Beach area. I saw on other posts that Cypress Creek and Palm Aire are good places? Is it good west of 95?
Maybe you have other options? I am trying to do my homework. DH job got postponed until the spring.

Thank you

Old 08-04-2017, 09:25 AM

Personally I would not consider Palm Aire but obviously others would.
Palm Aire itself isn't bad, but the area immediately surrounding it is awful - but again, that's me.

Other than a few exceptions, I'd stay east of Federal in Pompano.
(Again, if you find something, post it on here and we can tell you yes or no.)

East Pompano's really coming around and improving, and it'd make your husband's commute much easier.

Since you're not moving until next spring.. don't make yourself too crazy about this.
Rental prices could change by then and in your price range, you'll have a lot of competition, so you'll have to wait to make an offer until the moment you're ready to move.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:19 AM

1,049 posts, read 960,547 times
Quote:
Personally I would not consider Palm Aire but obviously others would.
Palm Aire itself isn't bad, but the area immediately surrounding it is awful - but again, that's me.

Yup, I personally would not recommend it either. One wrong turn on Atlantic heading east to I-95 and you're in one of the worst places in Broward. That section of Pompano north of Atlantic between NW 31st Ave and Powerline is REALLY bad.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:34 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,632,553 times
If you see chairs out in front of the houses, avoid that neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area