U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2017, 11:55 AM

10 posts, read 23,687 times

Advertisements

Howdy all -

I'll be starting a new job in Aventura in just a couple of weeks, and my partner and I need some advice on where to live. Ideally, we'd like to live somewhere that is walkable, with a nearby neighborhood "core" -- even a small one -- with coffee houses, restaurants, local shops, and such (as opposed to endless big box malls or run-down shopping strips). I'm willing to drive up to 30 minutes to get to work. We're hoping to find an apartment or house rental under $2000 that allows dogs. Any advice anyone could give would be most appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 01:18 PM

3,880 posts, read 5,426,583 times
What's wrong from living right in Aventura? You will avoid all the traffic getting in and out of Aventura. There are rental communities right there, for example Camden Aventura.

If you really want to live somewhere else, you can get to Aventura from Fort Lauderdale in about 30 min. Rental buildings at Flagler Village are dog friendly, and it is a lively area. I live at the Manor at Flagler Village. Also there is the Edge, AMLI... You should find a rental there for $2,000.

Also downtown Hollywood could be an option.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:50 AM

3,854 posts, read 7,659,146 times
I concur with ruski. Live right in Aventura and avoid commuting between cities. The traffic is a nightmare around there. The area on Country Club Drive is highly walkable.

Old 08-05-2017, 01:34 PM

368 posts, read 314,172 times
I agree with the others in this thread; you can easily find great pet-friendly apartments in that price range right in Aventura. Country Club Drive is close to everything, very nice, has it's own jogging trail encircling a golf course. There are also some nice apartments along Biscayne, like Del Prado or in Williams Island.

However, the thing about Aventura is it's pretty central, you can live pretty much anywhere in Southeast Broward or Northeast Dade and have a comfortable commute to Aventura. If you live in Broward and you start work in the mornings you will be going with traffic, though it really isn't that bad until you hit the interchange which is already south of Aventura at that point.

I drive from FLL to Aventura all the time, it usually only takes me about 20-25 min from downtown FLL to Ives Dairy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or