Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2017, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,379 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for at least 1k sq ft, 2/2, anywhere that's reasonably safe. I've looked in Davie, Plantation, Tamarac, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, but everything I've seen is old worn down junk.

I have no ties, so I'm willing to move anywhere in South FL. I'm not much of a night life person, I mostly stay in, but the option would be great. Looking at WPB and it looks very promising but I'd like some opinions!

I'm not asking for anyone to find an apartment or anything like that, just recommendations for affordable cities in that range, without apartment buildings that haven't been updated since the 70's

Last edited by CeliaAggeus; 10-17-2017 at 09:59 PM.. Reason: clarification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 10:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,370 times
As a local Realtor, I keep my eyes on what is going in the market. As far as getting below 100K, whether it is really a possibility depends on specific criteria. I 'd like to connect with you to help you further. It may be best to see them in person before jumping to conclusions. Agents often do not use the best photos for lower priced listings. Call me at 954-543-1907 to discuss this further.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:37 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,767 times
I'd look up in northwest Broward as you get more 'bang for the buck', those areas you cited are too close to Miami so they are more expensive. More specifically for a lower end budget (don't know if for 100k, but possibly around that) in parts of Margate and North Lauderdale, the Inverrary area (Lauderhill/Sunrise) and even Pompano and Deerfield Beach, those areas are underrated and pretty reasonable, not to mention safe (besides west Pompano). The buildings are usually kind of older (70s to 90s), but some are renovated.

Last edited by JacobMAX; 10-17-2017 at 11:47 PM..

Old 10-28-2017, 05:20 AM

397 posts, read 319,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeliaAggeus View Post
I'm looking for at least 1k sq ft, 2/2, anywhere that's reasonably safe. I've looked in Davie, Plantation, Tamarac, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, but everything I've seen is old worn down junk.

I have no ties, so I'm willing to move anywhere in South FL. I'm not much of a night life person, I mostly stay in, but the option would be great. Looking at WPB and it looks very promising but I'd like some opinions!

I'm not asking for anyone to find an apartment or anything like that, just recommendations for affordable cities in that range, without apartment buildings that haven't been updated since the 70's
I bought my 2/2 condo east of US1 in a nice neighborhood in 2013 for right around $100k. But it would be practically impossible to buy it for $100k these days. 5-10 years ago would have been the time to buy, even I probably should have bought earlier. Your best bet is to find a safe area either further north from Miami or further west from the beach.

I don't think you're going to be able to get what you want in that price range. You're either going to have to settle for less, or boost your budget a bit. I would say around $150k is where you would start to find 2/2 with 1k+ sq. ft in a nice neighborhood. Are you willing to reduce the square footage a bit, like say closer to 900 than 1,000+?

Old 10-28-2017, 05:43 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,148 times
There are some nice condos in Tamarac in Yardley Kings Point, possibly if the op can get one that is a short sale, then they might be able to get one for what they wish to pay, below is one I just found on Realtor.com
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M66263-50057
otherwise there are some in the older buildings in that Kings Point area in that price range and below.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:57 AM

1,333 posts, read 2,200,222 times
Are you 55+ ? I think the only safe options for you in your budget are in the older 55+ condo communities. Check out Kings Point in Delray Beach.

You may also want to consider Sebring in Central Florida. It's a nice cheap inland retirement community about 2 hours from Ft. Lauderdale very quiet and cheap.

Old 10-29-2017, 02:27 AM

984 posts, read 4,316,767 times
If you're 55+, there should be more options available. I'd definitely consider southern Palm Beach too. BTW, I also know a great realtor who can find houses at all price ranges, very knowledgeable, if you're interested I'll send you the contact info.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:10 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,148 times
I forgot to mention above that Yardley buildings were built in 2002 to 2004 so they are not old junk and are up to hurricane standards but most normally go for well over 100k, thus keeping your eyes open for a foreclosure or short sale might be the only way to get one for the price range the op wants.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:02 PM

216 posts, read 271,921 times
Deerfield/Pompano

Old 11-14-2017, 05:47 PM

51 posts, read 82,370 times
The most important questions is how will you be purchasing this 100k condo. Keep in mind that most banks require at a minimum 20% down with associations that have little to no reserves. If cash then you'll have more options. Another questions to ask is whether the current condo will have any future assessments as well. Either way let me know if you need any help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area