Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 10:15 AM

14 posts, read 17,590 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.

We have decided on living in either Davie or Plantation to get started.

We want to stay with a maximum rental budget of $1500 for now.

I have done some web searches to get ideas.

I would appreciate it if any of you can give your thoughts about the options in these areas. Which would you recommend for an apartment complex with a good reputation, low crime, laundry in unit, and reasonable parking? Please include why you recommend these places.

Also, if there are any you would definitely avoid, please tell me those as well and include the reason for your recommendation.

Thanks for any suggestions/input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 10:26 AM

835 posts, read 474,272 times
Actually, if I'm a cynic, I'd say $1,500 is the minimum for what you want not the maximum.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:30 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,443,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
Actually, I'd say $1,500 is the minimum for what you want not the maximum.
Ditto

Old 10-30-2017, 10:58 AM

We will be in the area to check things out at the beginning of next month. We acknowledge that we may need to increase the budget depending on what we find. We are not looking for everything to be perfect, just a safe and reasonable place to start. I am asking for recommendations because I know what I find online can easily be misrepresented. I want to use my time wisely when doing in person research. Any input is helpful especially with specifics. Thank you.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:27 AM

3,232 posts, read 3,184,355 times
Pine Island Ridge, Davie. I was a renter, then a buyer. Sold after I got married. Love the beauty and safety of the area. Checks off all your boxes except laundry in unit. Laundry is on each floor.

Avoid? I hate to generalize, but stay west of University. Reason? In Davie, east of University puts you in college-town central, with students from Nova and Broward colleges. In Plantation, east of University puts you near pockets of rundown areas.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:42 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,147 times
Davie, Rolling Hills, Arrowhead and Pine Island Ridge would get you reasonably safe and with some in your price range, they are conveniently located close enough to I595 for quick transit to most places. Laundry in some units I am not sure of, best to check out listings.

As for Plantation, Veranda Condo will get you a 1/1 in that general price range, it is close to the hospital and walking distance to some shopping and some restaurants and with the security of a high-rise condo and also fairly close to I595.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:29 PM

Thank you. The details are helpful.

Old 10-31-2017, 03:13 AM

984 posts, read 4,314,480 times
Yeah, I'd also go for the Pine Island Ridge area in that situation. Additionally I'd recommend avoiding the complexes near and east of Davie Rd and just north of the NSU campus.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:42 AM

226 posts, read 483,169 times
Default Would recommend the pine island Area

I live in the pine island development and would recommend sable palm, logoon Place or POINCIANA Place. Rent is with in your budget. Some unit in sable has washer dryers. The others have washers/Dryers on each floor. Operated by a laundry card or coins. Very safe for family's with kids. School bus pick up and drop off. Near by shopping, movie's theater restaurants and bars. Even an off the wall entertainment place for kids. Easy access to the airport on I-595. Hope this helps.

Old 12-24-2017, 01:23 PM

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions.

We have decided on a regular apartment complex instead of condos for now and will make adjustments after getting used to the area. We are starting out in Plantation.

We will be there in January. Time is flying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area