Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2018, 03:46 PM

3,710 posts, read 3,625,798 times

Advertisements

My family (from MN) is joining me on a work trip in the FT. Lauderdale area this coming week. It'll be my wife 34, mother in law (to help with the kids), and two boys 4.5 and 5 months. Our hotel is on the beach in Deerfield Beach.

I will be tied up from 8-4 each day until the weekend, and most of the time my family will be happy to be beach bums and escape the MN blizzard we just got.

Are there any family friendly things we should do? They don't have to be earth shattering or extremely catered to the kids. I'm just trying to leave my wife with some local ideas when they need to get out a bit. It could be as simple as a list of parks, cool shopping areas, or even a must-do restaurant.

Any and all info is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 05:45 PM

3,142 posts, read 3,092,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
My family (from MN) is joining me on a work trip in the FT. Lauderdale area this coming week. It'll be my wife 34, mother in law (to help with the kids), and two boys 4.5 and 5 months. Our hotel is on the beach in Deerfield Beach.

I will be tied up from 8-4 each day until the weekend, and most of the time my family will be happy to be beach bums and escape the MN blizzard we just got.

Are there any family friendly things we should do? They don't have to be earth shattering or extremely catered to the kids. I'm just trying to leave my wife with some local ideas when they need to get out a bit. It could be as simple as a list of parks, cool shopping areas, or even a must-do restaurant.

Any and all info is appreciated!
Airboat tour of the Everglades (there are some on west Broward County).

Sawgrass Mills—it’s our Mall of America—next to Disney, most popular tourist attraction in the state.

Sea watch Restaurant—right on the ocean, decent food. You are also probably by a Flanigan’s. Local chain, nautical theme, fish tanks, stuffed fish on walls, fish photos—Excellent Food (seafood & ribs).

I was just down in Fort Lauderdale for business last week. Love Flanigan’s!!!

Old 01-23-2018, 06:48 AM

13,975 posts, read 25,820,403 times
One warning about airboat rides, they are loud! Too loud for many babies and toddlers, imo. It would be a good idea to pack some ear protection.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:46 AM

5,013 posts, read 7,385,499 times
They can walk over the bridge in Deerfield and walk around The Cove shopping center and lunch at Two George’s. (The food isn’t all that, but it has a nice view of the intracoastal.)

Old 01-23-2018, 09:42 PM

222 posts, read 380,392 times
Sugar Sand Park in Boca is awesome - there's a great huge unique playground and a small science museum, both would be perfect for the 4-year-old, and it would be very baby-friendly as well - likely a 15-20 minute drive max from Deerfield Beach.

Science Playground | Sugar Sand Park of Greater Boca Raton Beach and Park District

Boca children's museum is small but also good for a couple of hours of happiness, likely about a 10-minute drive

Boca Children's Museum|Educational Activities For Kids|Boca Florida - Boca Children's Museum |

Gumbo Limbo park is right on A1A (the beach road) in Boca - directly north of Deerfield, a pretty 10-15 minute drive along the beach - there's a cool boardwalk among the trees and along the intracoastal waterway, marine tanks and great interactive exhibits - also super kid friendly

Home | Gumbo Limbo Nature Center

Old 01-24-2018, 05:32 AM

5,013 posts, read 7,385,499 times
There can be good people watching at Mizner Park in Boca and if they want to shop, the Boca mall isn’t far.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:40 AM

3,710 posts, read 3,625,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butercup View Post
Sugar Sand Park in Boca is awesome - there's a great huge unique playground and a small science museum, both would be perfect for the 4-year-old, and it would be very baby-friendly as well - likely a 15-20 minute drive max from Deerfield Beach.

Science Playground | Sugar Sand Park of Greater Boca Raton Beach and Park District

Boca children's museum is small but also good for a couple of hours of happiness, likely about a 10-minute drive

Boca Children's Museum|Educational Activities For Kids|Boca Florida - Boca Children's Museum |

Gumbo Limbo park is right on A1A (the beach road) in Boca - directly north of Deerfield, a pretty 10-15 minute drive along the beach - there's a cool boardwalk among the trees and along the intracoastal waterway, marine tanks and great interactive exhibits - also super kid friendly

Home | Gumbo Limbo Nature Center
Awesome suggestions for us going into the weekend. Thanks so much!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area