Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 05:55 PM

5,013 posts, read 7,385,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
While one mass shooting is one too many, they have been going on for many years and it is the nut that causes them, not the gun. Lately they have been using trucks, so I guess next you will want to ban trucks too.
W T F??

This thread is about what happened in Parkland.
Let’s stay on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 08:07 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,234,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
These types of guns SHOULD NOT BE ACCESSIBLE and should be outlawed! 300 mass shootings in the last 3 years! But hey, it’s not the guns! No it’s the accessibility to them and the amount of people who can be shot and killed so quickly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
W T F??

This thread is about what happened in Parkland.
Let’s stay on topic.
I was replying to CGab's post above with my post you quoted, where they wanted to outlaw all guns, not any of your posts, so are you a moderator? if so then maybe you should denote it and especially if you are going to admonish members, and if not, then mind your own business, there are plenty of moderators on these forums who can tell members what to do if you report a post. Did you also admonish CGab since they wrote "it's not just the guns" thus making my post in context, sadly trucks have been used to kill and injure lots of people of late, thou thankfully not lately in Parkland.

Either way, this was a terrible happening but the world is full of terrible happenings lately, all of them need to be stopped but banning the instrument only makes the mentally ill pick a different instrument for their terrible and disgusting deeds.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:22 PM

294 posts, read 230,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Weapon types used in mass shootings in the United States between 1982 and 2017
Attachment 195407

While one mass shooting is one too many, they have been going on for many years and it is the nut that causes them, not the gun. Lately they have been using trucks, so I guess next you will want to ban trucks too.
Isn't it strange how mental illness hardly ever massacres anyone in Canada, Australia or the United Kingdom

Old 02-18-2018, 08:24 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,774,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwuno View Post
Isn't it strange how mental illness hardly ever massacres anyone in Canada, Australia or the United Kingdom
Maybe they have a better handle on mental illness over there?

Old 02-18-2018, 08:36 PM

294 posts, read 230,174 times
Key word.......massacres as in semi-automatic. If the person had to stop and reload someone would have got to him and probably stopped it. AK's have no purpose other than to kill humans. If I am missing some other purpose they serve please let me know.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:53 PM

575 posts, read 610,149 times
Quote:
Key word.......massacres as in semi-automatic. If the person had to stop and reload someone would have got to him and probably stopped it. AK's have no purpose other than to kill humans. If I am missing some other purpose they serve please let me know.
at the very least, high capacity magazines should be illegal - make it a little bit harder for the mass murders

Old 02-18-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
AK's have no purpose other than to kill humans. If I am missing some other purpose they serve please let me know.
Quite possibly for the defense of our country should any country ever wish to try an invasion, them knowing many Americans have such weapons would likely make them think twice.

I own an AR15 in 9mm for many years now, it has never gotten up and shot anyone, I had owned AK's and .223 AR's in the past, they too never got up and shot anyone, I also owned full auto tax stamped weapons in the past, they never got up and shot anyone, it is not the instrument when in proper hands, it is the person who uses them wrongly. Timothy McVeigh used fertilizer to commit his horrific act, if a person cannot get a gun then they might make bombs, hatred and mental illness needs to be addressed.
Quote:
As to no mass shootings in Canada, think again and they have tough gun laws, crazy people are everywhere, look at all the attacks worldwide.

List of massacres in Canada

Old 02-18-2018, 10:36 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,687,607 times
[quote=Mr. Lee;51070636]Quite possibly for the defense of our country should any country ever wish to try an invasion, them knowing many Americans have such weapons would likely make them think twice.

As much as I respect your opinion, when the Red Army from Russia and China gets together and lands in Boca Raton, the AR-15 you keep at home won't help much.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
As much as I respect your opinion, when the Red Army from Russia and China gets together and lands in Boca Raton, the AR-15 you keep at home won't help much.
It sure as heck would be better than tossing stones at them.

My wife's parents were alive when Japanese invaded the Philippines, they tossed babies up in the air and stabbed them with their bayonets, so an unarmed society will be victims, an armed society can at least fight back and take out some of the attackers, attackers usually do not play by the same rules that honest law abiding people are supposed to play.

and thank you for respecting my opinion, thankfully I do not live in Boca but if they should attack Fort Lauderdale, then I will be sure to take a few of them with me from a long distance away before they get close enough for me to use my AR, I only wish someone in authority in that Parkland school had been armed with an AR too.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:24 AM

15,189 posts, read 8,774,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Maybe they have a better handle on mental illness over there?
That must be it. Because their strict gun control laws couldn't possibly have anything to do with their lack of gun violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area