Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2018, 02:15 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,905,128 times

Advertisements

I have had it i am sick of broward county. This wouldnt
happen in Miami or maybe even palm beach.

https://amp.local10.com/news/local/f...d-by-pit-bulls

This story makes me sick as the pomeranians owner did everything she could to protect her pomeranian and was holding it while her neighbors pitbulls attacked her and her pomeranian until it went limp. Stories like this and the lax gun laws and school protetection against shooters make me not want to stay in broward county.

I have a pomeranian and will always have small dogs and thia story hits close to home. What can be done about this?

Do I need to move to Miami or where to get away from pitbulls? Apparently an infant in a bouncy chair was killed by one in May in broward county.

I live in hollywood and frequently spot pitbulls it almost seems like a pitbull is the official dog od broward county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 08:15 AM

17,284 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Probably a long shot in Miami-Dade...........pit bulls are banned there.

From the article:
Authorities said the owner received several citations and Broward County Animal Care and Adoption is going to be having a hearing in November.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:02 PM

781 posts, read 743,685 times
I’m sick of this crap too! I live in a complex that bans them but we have a few people that snuck them in. I've complained to management and the manager is lazy or a pit sympathizer. My poor small dogs pee on potty pads on the balcony (that we don't use) because I don't want them mauled!

Pits are banned in Miami, but they still have incidents! They would probably have even more without the ban. Some pro-pit group is fighting the city of Miami and trying to get the ban overturned.
This just happened in Miami:
https://wsvn.com/news/local/owner-re...miami-gardens/

These pit incidents happen ALL over the country if you do a quick search online. It’s awful! We had an incident happen to someone we know in another state.

I’ve only lived in blue states and all the violence here (and in Miami) makes me very uncomfortable. Quality of life is poor IMO, people are rude, guns are a problem and some people won't even speak English to you. Just waiting for a job offer in a better place so we can get out of this hell hole.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:57 PM

440 posts, read 517,180 times
Default Must Be Time to Move Out!

Jeez, if you don't like the idea of people regularly breaking rules, ignoring the law, etc., maybe it's time to wake up and smell the coffee about exactly what kind of county you live in.

Maybe you didn't see the reports after Hurricane Andrew hit the Homestead area that it was mostly people from Broward County who drove down there and were arrested for looting businesses and homes there.

These wasn't hurricane survivors looking for food and clothing since Andrew didn't hit Fort Lauderdale, although it was supposed to, as that hurricane, the most destructive in the U.S. until Katrina hit New Orleans, came in further south of us. Some people from Broward County were driving from here to there to steal from those who lost almost everything they had to the storm. Didn't you see the news reports of people sitting shotgun in front of their homes with the roofs blown off in South Miami Dade trying to protect their homes and their families from some of Broward County's shadier residents?

Traffic deaths are the number one cause of young adult men in Broward County. That statistic doesn't just come out of nowhere unless a lot of the drivers here aren't regularly following the speed limit.

Broward County was number one in the nation for the number of emergency room admissions and police reports of violence related to Flaka when that dangerous drug hit the streets here. Think of it, we beat out Chicago, which was number two in the nation for Flaka related issues, not per capita but by actual numbers.

The HIV infection rate in Broward County is at the top of the list in the U.S. so being careful with your health and life and the health and life of other's doesn't seem like a top priority for some people here.

Poverty is at 20% in Fort Lauderdale and most of the poor here drive motor vehicles so it's not really too hard for them to drive into your neighborhood or to your business and contribute to the high crime rate Fort Lauderdale has that is 130% higher than the national average.

Do you think the large number of people here who throw trash out their car windows onto the streets and into store parking lots here have any regard for dogs attacking someone's pet?

Study after study has shown that the higher the temperature goes, the higher the incidents of aggression in human beings so if you think that Fort Lauderdale, because of it's high summer temperatures coupled with high humidity that pushes the heat index of daily daytime temperatures up to and over 100 degrees for months on end, creates some scenario of some sleepy laid back slow moving environment in the Old South, you haven't been paying much attention to the prevalence of police vehicles with flashing lights racing up and down our streets to get to scenes of the almost daily violence you see here reported on the news stations that service this area.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:26 AM

52 posts, read 37,033 times
Were the dogs in a Publix?

Old 09-10-2018, 02:25 AM

397 posts, read 319,075 times
I know they're banned in Miami-Dade, maybe parts of Palm Beach County too. While legal in the area where I live, I don't really see them too much. All types of pets are prohibited from living in my complex. A few harmless pets have been brought in, but no pit bull-type dogs AFAIK. I'm not really afraid of them personally, even though I don't particularly care for them either. They're more of a danger to other dogs than to humans, but when they snap anybody can get hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area