U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2008, 11:52 AM

3 posts, read 14,680 times

Advertisements

I'm going to Ft. Lauderdale for work for 2 months starting next week, april 7. We are looking for a place, furnished condos or condo hotel (nice and safe area) to stay at. My wife is looking forward to taking the baby in the stroller for walks and hang out by the pool or beach during the day. We are also hoping that we can take walks together during the early evening.

We are looking at the Ft Lauderdale downtown area or the Galleria mall (sunrise Blvd). Any suggestions? Recommendations?

Things we are looking for:
- Safe area for walking
- Not far from the ocean (within 10 min - 15 minute walk)
- Maid service, at least once a week
- Nice and clean

we are coming down from the North East.

Your comments are appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 11:58 AM

8,376 posts, read 28,690,528 times
Those two areas you named will not not have a lot of condo hotels. Most of the condo hotels are more towards Deerfield Beach, Lauderdale By The Sea or Hollywood. If you are looking for a relaxing resort retreat I suggest trying to find a place in Deerfield. The coastal areas are very safe and quieter than other Broward coastal spots. There are also quite a few places to look into of mixed quality in the Hollywood Beach area. IMO, the beaches are nicer there and for some reason the water usually has more of that turquoise color when you get down that way, but it a more crowded, tacky kind of experience, although you have some natural unspoiled beaches like North Beach and Dania not very far. You can also stroll along the "Broadwalk" and people watch instead of having a road next to you. Perfect place to take a walk, but kind of gritty. Like I said the properties there range from divey to surprisingly decked out.

Sorry that I can't name specific properties, but you may have an easier time finding a place in those areas. Downtown area is a mile from the beach and you don't have as many places to look, and the Galleria Mall area isn't really a place to take a walk.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:33 PM

984 posts, read 3,772,070 times
I (again) agree with compelled.

If you have more money, try the Fort Lauderdale Beach area too.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:45 PM

3 posts, read 14,680 times
Default more info and question

I'm going to be working in the Ft Lauderdale Executive airport area, so the-Lauderdale_by_the_Sea and Pompano beach area would work well. Anything that you would recommend in this area?

Is there a walking area for afternoon/early evening walks with stroller?

Old 04-03-2008, 06:11 AM

3,231 posts, read 6,874,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalgeek View Post
I'm going to be working in the Ft Lauderdale Executive airport area, so the-Lauderdale_by_the_Sea and Pompano beach area would work well. Anything that you would recommend in this area?

Is there a walking area for afternoon/early evening walks with stroller?
I live in LBTS, it's very walkable and the sidewalks on A1A are full of evening walkers with strollers. It's a fairly quiet, very safe little area. I wouldn't recommend Pompano Beach to anyone, it feels dirty and run down to me. Definitely a different crowd.
Good luck!

Old 04-03-2008, 09:33 AM

8,376 posts, read 28,690,528 times
Yeah, if you are not a huge fan of armed robbery I do not recommend Pompano for a long term stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area