Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 03:36 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,384,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
But Tri-Rail wouldn't help with LBTS.
Tri rail would certainly not be an option, but uber would be cheaper, because she’d be closer to work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 10:51 AM

222 posts, read 380,338 times
Yeah, Flagler Village would be great, but she already knows about that. Her other option was Palm-Aire, which is fairly awful for all of her goals, except commute. And although LBTS is not nearly as happening as downtown FTL, give it another shot Ruski. There are plenty of nights where there are plenty of 20s and 30s hanging out down there. It's a cute town. One other idea is Pompano Beach around Atlantic and A1A. Wouldn't be my first choice, but still light years better than Palm Aire.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:30 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,773,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Tri rail would certainly not be an option, but uber would be cheaper, because she’d be closer to work?
Not really. About same distance from LBTS to Cypress Creek Business Park as from Flagler Village to Cypress Creek Business Park.

Plus going from LBTS, you have to deal with drawbridges, railroad tracks, and generally more congested East-West Commercial Blvd (beach traffic and slowpoke snowbirds).

From Flagler Village, you are pretty much on Andrews Avenue the whole time, which flows pretty nicely. And you have alternatives - I-95 or Dixie Highway.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butercup View Post
Yeah, Flagler Village would be great, but she already knows about that. Her other option was Palm-Aire, which is fairly awful for all of her goals, except commute. And although LBTS is not nearly as happening as downtown FTL, give it another shot Ruski. There are plenty of nights where there are plenty of 20s and 30s hanging out down there. It's a cute town. One other idea is Pompano Beach around Atlantic and A1A. Wouldn't be my first choice, but still light years better than Palm Aire.
Atlantic Blvd gets really congested during lunch hours, I am not even talking about commute rush hour.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Atlantic Blvd gets really congested during lunch hours, I am not even talking about commute rush hour.
That covers all of South Florida.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:21 PM

59 posts, read 114,687 times
So much bad advice in this post.. Younger female commuting every day from Flagler Village to Cypress Creek Business Park on a scooter? Yeah no. By the end of the first month she'd be robbed at least once..

Flagler Village might be "up and coming" because of all the construction... but you're still on or near Sistrunk.. I don't care what garbage you're selling people.. Sistrunk is still awful and having a city block of separation from ghetto isn't enough for me. I drive every day on Sistrunk as its my 'go-to' route to get to Andrews and then to the Jail.

Old 11-11-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaLEO View Post
So much bad advice in this post.. Younger female commuting every day from Flagler Village to Cypress Creek Business Park on a scooter? Yeah no. By the end of the first month she'd be robbed at least once..

Flagler Village might be "up and coming" because of all the construction... but you're still on or near Sistrunk.. I don't care what garbage you're selling people.. Sistrunk is still awful and having a city block of separation from ghetto isn't enough for me. I drive every day on Sistrunk as its my 'go-to' route to get to Andrews and then to the Jail.
I understand you see a lot of crap every day in your line of work. But the area is day and night compared to what it used to be in the past.

My riding a scooter comment was somewhat exaggerated. But Flagler Village is quite safe now. I live here. I have friends who live here. We all walk dogs around here or simply go for a walk or for a run. I haven't seen anyone getting robbed. LEOs are doing a good job keeping the neighborhood safe too.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Flagler Village is quite safe now. I live here.
What made you decide to move there from Weston?

Old 11-12-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
What made you decide to move there from Weston?
Kids went to universities.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:54 PM

4 posts, read 3,729 times
I am kinda sold on Flagler Village and just resigned to the fact that I will need to get a car, but Google says it takes 45 minutes to get to work and go home on peak hours. That is kind of a longer commute than I would like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area