U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 07:25 PM

440 posts, read 358,401 times

Advertisements

With the lack of club oversight in the form of bouncers who actually do their job, the dance clubs in Wilton Manors are getting to be pretty brutal places to try to go out dancing in these days.

I was dancing with a friend of mine up on the stage at Hunter's this past Sunday night during their retro disco music night having a fun time with the other people dancing up there until this fat older guy trying to crawl up on the stage instead of using the steps fell at our feet spinning around on his belly like a turtle on his back while trying to pull himself up by grabbing at people around him.

Not wanting to end up in some pile of people pulled down by him on the stage, we moved to the other side of the stage to dance but he followed us across the stage while screaming at me that I didn't need to be so rude about his falling on the stage in front of us. He then pushed me with the hand he didn't have a drink in a glass in which caused me to collide with a guy dancing on the box at the edge of the stage, upon which the poor guy fell off the box and onto some people dancing below him.

Of course, I apologized and pulled him back up on the stage and made sure he wasn't hurt. I then looked around for the guy who had pushed me, who at this point was back in the spot where my friend and I had been originally dancing, jumping up and down and sloshing his drink on dancers on the dance floor below him while they cleared the area.

I didn't go to find a bouncer as my friend told me not to bother because the offending "regulars" have a way of turning the story around to make it your fault and of course, the staff is going to side with their "regulars" and you'll be the one to be kicked out of the club.

I'm probably not missing much deciding not to go out to Hunter's again because management is too cheap to pay for adequate security, except maybe having a glass land on my head from the people leaning over the balcony on the upper story with their glasses sweating drips on people below them through electronic cords hooked up to the lights and video monitors.

The dance clubs I used to go to in South Beach with balconies wouldn't serve their drinks in glass for this reason of dripping down on people or potentially being dropped and landing on someone's head and although Hunter's might be trying to save the environment by not using plastic anymore, I'd rather have a drink dropped from the baloney in a plastic cup land on me rather than one in a glass.

On Halloween, I was at The Manor dancing near the stage with a bouncer two feet away from me who was keeping people from getting up on the stage where the DJ was playing and suddenly saw the crowd on the dance floor in the southeast corner of the building clearing away. When this used to happen when I was out clubbing in South Beach, it was usually because a fantastic dancer or dancers were dancing away and the crowd cleared to make room for them and watch them.

In this instance, it was two guys slugging each other so hard they were drawing blood. They started wrestling and throwing each other around on the floor that was covered with trash from the trash receptacle they had knocked over during their fight. At no time did I see any bouncer arrive, the one in front of the stage never called for help and the fight only stopped because people who knew the sluggers pulled them off each other and out the doors.

Not 15 minutes later, some woman pushed me hard in the back while I was dancing and when I asked her what that was all about, she said she was trying to get off the dance floor so I gave her a shove with the same amount of force she had used on me while telling her if she didn't care for it, she might want to think of other ways of exiting a dance floor rather than rudely pushing people out of her way.

The woman dancing next to me thanked me for pushing the woman back and said she had never been out anywhere and seen such a messy and as she called it, BRUTAL, crowd of club goers in a dance club anywhere in her life. She said this while some sketchy looking guy with his eyes all bugged out from whatever he might have been on was standing in the middle of people dancing frantically texting on his cell phone instead of dancing.

On previous Halloween's in Wilton Manors, I've had people trying to pull things off my costume and been clubbed hard in the head "kiddingly" by someone dressed as a caveman. Most of my friends told me they won't go out anymore in Wilton Manors because of the behavior of the drunks and druggies and told me that, "you take your own life into your hands going out in that crowd."

I think it's all really sad when a lot of the mayhem could be prevented by the clubs simply posting security near their dance floors and kicking out the bad behaving people who are causing them to lose good customers. I guess the clubs have never heard of word of mouth as I've heard some business owners complain that they lose business because there are so many other clubs, as opposed to addressing the issues of people avoiding their club because of the way people get away with bad behavior there.

Last edited by HotandHumid; 12-04-2018 at 07:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 07:50 PM

9,966 posts, read 8,875,603 times
I've been clubbing in Wilton Manors for over five years and have never seen what you are describing. However, I'm home in bed by 1am.

I was at Hunters the last three Halloweens.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:10 AM

2,338 posts, read 1,550,823 times
You actually read the post? Lol.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:10 AM

172 posts, read 75,851 times

Old 12-06-2018, 12:28 PM

520 posts, read 1,050,927 times
"Wilton Lack-of-Manners" is a gay ghetto. Uppity, arrogant, snobbish, hoity-toity, snooty, pretentious, bumptious, full of oneself, puffed up, conceited, pompous, self-assertive, overbearing, cocky, cocksure, impertinent, haughty, self-important, superior, presumptuous, overweening, uppish gays for nothing. Gay people with genuine class, culture and authentic manners don't live in the "Manors".

Last edited by Angel Calzadilla; 12-06-2018 at 12:36 PM..

Old 12-06-2018, 01:34 PM

2,672 posts, read 1,672,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
"Wilton Lack-of-Manners" is a gay ghetto. Uppity, arrogant, snobbish, hoity-toity, snooty, pretentious, bumptious, full of oneself, puffed up, conceited, pompous, self-assertive, overbearing, cocky, cocksure, impertinent, haughty, self-important, superior, presumptuous, overweening, uppish gays for nothing. Gay people with genuine class, culture and authentic manners don't live in the "Manors".
I've never heard these negative characterizations of WM. Like almost describing a particular unappealing person as opposed to an entire neighborhood? Is the place really that Boojie??

Old 12-06-2018, 09:41 PM

9,966 posts, read 8,875,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
That must say something about you and who you hang out with because I know plenty of lovely, responsible, smart, funny, gorgeous couples who live in WM. They have more genuine class, culture, and authentic manners that you'd ever hope to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
I've never heard these negative characterizations of WM. Like almost describing a particular unappealing person as opposed to an entire neighborhood? Is the place really that Boojie??
No, it is nothing like what Angel Calzadilla describes. Nothing.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:03 AM

2,672 posts, read 1,672,643 times
[quote=blueherons;53821726]That must say something about you and who you hang out with because I know plenty of lovely, responsible, smart, funny, gorgeous couples who live in WM.

That's more in line with what I'm told by others.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:01 PM

520 posts, read 1,050,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
That must say something about you and who you hang out with because I know plenty of lovely, responsible, smart, funny, gorgeous couples who live in WM. They have more genuine class, culture, and authentic manners that you'd ever hope to have.

No, it is nothing like what Angel Calzadilla describes. Nothing.

"-They have more genuine class, culture, and authentic manners that you'd ever hope to have."

Evidently you are projecting yourself with a "classless act" by attacking the messenger and not the message. Look, if I do not have a class, I can tell you the same in 4 different languages, but I'm afraid you would not understand either.Typical.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:12 PM

48 posts, read 15,156 times
"Two snaps up" ! "cupcake"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area