Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:35 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,244,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
however the Business School in general has a reputation for accepting any student, so if you're looking for a competitive school...this may not be it.
Yea, the P.A. school only accepts 86 or 88 or so applicants into their program per YEAR. That's the program my husband was in. He was accepted the first year he applied, thankfully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 8,405 times
Great School, and as they become more nationally recognized, they are becoming more selective. Don't worry about the nay sayers, I got into UM, FAU and NSU and choose NSU. I got a wonderful education and was very happy with my choice. It's an absolutely beautiful campus, and the faculty are exceptional and approachable.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:31 AM

52 posts, read 249,989 times
May I point out, the PA program at Barry accepts only 44 students and the 2007 UF class size was 60. I'm not saying the school isn't for you...but you may want to contact professionals in your field (in Broward County) to see what *they* think of applicants from NSU.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:21 AM

445 posts, read 1,683,046 times
Default Nova

They have a DO medical program, not an MD. The PA program is good. They frown upon nurse practioners. There are other good schools with accounting programs, do you want to do a private school for a reason?

Many apartment complexes around there and lots to do in Miami. Many of the Ft. Lauderdale areas are going down hill such as Riverwalk but you will find things to do when you arent studying.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:39 AM

6 posts, read 30,314 times
hi,
i am planning to attend Nova's MIBA starting in June 09 for 2 years. does anyone have information about the program? the campus? i think the campus is in Davie- Ft. Lauderdale. i want to rent a houe in Miami Beach and go to the uni with a car that i m planning to buy. is the campus close to the place where i want to rent a house?

thank you in advance
f

Old 05-15-2008, 05:34 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,709,754 times
That's a pretty long commute from Miami Beach (about 45 minutes). I'd suggest you look to Hollywood Beach, which is still quite a ways (about 25 minutes), but is also a young, interesting place to live, and imo is a lot like Miami Beach in the late 80's before everyone discovered it.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:48 AM

hi fauve n thank you for your answer and info. yes 45 mins drive is a long way but the thing is i want to be close to center and i ll be going to school only 2 days a week. i m planning to rent a house for 1000-1200 $ /month. can i find a better house in hollywood beach then in Miami beach for the same price? 1/1 with a little ocean view will do just fine hope it is possible
thanks in advance

Old 05-15-2008, 09:01 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,709,754 times
With that budget, you should be fine finding a 1 bedroom oceanfront - look to older buildings on Collins north of 41st Street on Miami Beach. For 2 days a week, you won't mind the commute much at all!

Old 05-18-2008, 04:06 PM

hi,
yes, you are right about the commute, but there s s.thing that i found out recently, that is the NSU MBA program is not accredited. in order to work and live in Miami after completing my MBA program succesfully(which is want i want exactly) i must attend to a program that is accredited. do u know anything about this?
thnx

Old 05-19-2008, 07:01 PM

2 posts, read 6,612 times
I have lived in Fort Laud for the past 45 years and I really like living here. It is hot most of the year and great in the winters. I am a graduate of Nova university , it was a good school and I got a great education while working full time at american express. I am a full blooded floridian,, so if you can stand the heat Florida is for you. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area