U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 01:47 PM

124 posts, read 437,475 times
Default Black Churches in broward

looking for th best black churches to go too in broward, i usually go to gateway in lauderhill/lakes or the one in deepside what else is there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 03:55 PM

2,517 posts, read 6,902,506 times
I can't tell you about black churches in broward...although I heard there is St.Andrew in Carol City (Dade county) that is really good. I myself go to a white church. It's one of best in Broward and is located in Plantation. The white church's name is St. Mary.

Good luck in ur search

Old 05-15-2008, 04:00 PM

8,377 posts, read 19,892,989 times
Ghee, every christan church I have went to down here has been mixed.

Old 05-17-2008, 06:20 AM

46 posts, read 163,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauderdale81ave View Post
looking for th best black churches to go too in broward, i usually go to gateway in lauderhill/lakes or the one in deepside what else is there
idk how to say which is best but theres tons in deerfield pompano lauderdale sunrise.. there all oer

Old 06-20-2008, 11:35 AM

21 posts, read 53,885 times
Great church in Hollywood: Cornerstone Christian Center Church.
450 S. State Rd 7 - Hollywood, Florida 33023

Old 06-30-2008, 10:52 PM

28 posts, read 99,224 times
The Faith Center in Sunrise Florida off of Commercial Blvd is a great church to look into. The Faith Center International™ (http://www.thefaithcenterint.org/about.html - broken link) Check out the website.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:42 PM

4 posts, read 30,065 times
Default tell me more about this church???

My husband and I are planning to move from Cleveland Ohio to the Ft Lauderdale area May 2009 (God willing) and we would like to know more about this church??? I watch Bishop Fernandez on the Word network when I can but tell me you personal intake on this church. Are you a member??? I am trying to bulid a Christian friend network and I hope we can get more aquainted. Will wait for your reply. God Bless

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklestoo View Post
The Faith Center in Sunrise Florida off of Commercial Blvd is a great church to look into. The Faith Center International™ (http://www.thefaithcenterint.org/about.html - broken link) Check out the website.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:24 PM

80 posts, read 157,300 times
Default The Bishop

I can walk to this church, I am white/hispanic and I have actually spoke to the bishop at a 7/11 that is about 1/2 mile away. He is a class act. The church is spectacular, and even though it is obviously a "black" church, this is a relative term. I do not feel at all uncomfortable in going there, no.1. And No.2 - Black Clergy addressing problems in the black community does not make him any less a figure head for followers of Jesus. He is well versed in all areas of christianity and is a great public speaker. Go check out this church.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:03 PM

4 posts, read 30,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiliz View Post
I can walk to this church, I am white/hispanic and I have actually spoke to the bishop at a 7/11 that is about 1/2 mile away. He is a class act. The church is spectacular, and even though it is obviously a "black" church, this is a relative term. I do not feel at all uncomfortable in going there, no.1. And No.2 - Black Clergy addressing problems in the black community does not make him any less a figure head for followers of Jesus. He is well versed in all areas of christianity and is a great public speaker. Go check out this church.

I will check out this chuch and color does not matter to me. I look at people with Jesus eyes. You should come as well. God Bless. I really do not think it is an only "Black" church. Thanks reply soon

Old 07-09-2008, 11:14 AM

28 posts, read 99,224 times
The Faith Center is an excellent church. It is a huge congregation so you definitely can get lost in the shuffle. The Bishop usually delivers an awesome sermon. I don't go as often as I should but you will enjoy it. The only thing that I dislike is the constant asking for money. Overall I go to hear the word and the word usually speaks to me. It is not just a black congregation there is a nice mix of blacks, latinos and whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area