Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 11:13 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,827,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
BNBR does have good responses

Weston the best? Not a chance. It is nice for what it is (a pre-planned city of subdivisions, mcmansions) but I'd take East Fort Lauderdale all day long. The water is the reason to live in South Florida whether the beaches or the waterways. My preference is Rio Vista or Harbor Beach if the budget allows. Sure get west of US1 and the area gets blighted and the homelessness is definitely an issue but the will redevelop that, pushing it further west at some point.

I don't love the residential off Las Olas, the traffic would wear me out going to/from those houses. There are some beautiful homes/streets in the area but there isn't any ideal way to get there.
True, Rio Vista and Harbor Beach are super nice. So is Coral Ridge.

But they are very pricey, and you don't get the best public schools (after the elementary grades).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2021, 11:18 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,827,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
Tells it like it is? More like lies and obfuscates the truth, telling people what they want to hear. Kind of like a politician…..

Your opinion isn’t fact, no matter how much you try to spin it that way. It’s rather disingenuous and unethical to insinuate that you are some sort of authority too. But you’re paid by the amount of real estate you sell, so why would your behavior be any different? For that matter, which house can I buy which will guarantee you the largest commission? Because let’s be real, as long as you get your commission, you couldn’t give a rat’s tail how your clients end up when they move down here.
All my clients that moved to Weston have been very happy ever since.

So are you ready to make me rich? Let's go for this one. You got the coin?

https://www.redfin.com/FL/Weston/303.../home/56615959

Old 12-31-2021, 11:09 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRusty View Post
Wow...This thread could be the perfect definition for passionate.

Though we left SFL a long time ago and will never move back, we do have friends in Wellington and Weston. We visit them every few weeks, we go out to play golf, have a few drinks and eat out. If we were to move back (it won't happen) our personal choice would be Wellington, the reasons being... convenience, you don't have to drive for 30 minutes fighting traffic to get to most places, just about everything you need is within easy reach. The other reason is the people, when we are out we find the people in Wellington to be more friendly, polite and welcoming. The only thing I like about Weston is that it is close to the Cleveland Clinic, that's it.

That's just my personal preference and like everything else in life, everyone has different taste, opinion and needs.
Yeah - the Weston crowd here are shark-ish when it comes to defending their territory. I do agree with the previous poster that many pro Weston posters skew the truth when it comes to commute times. It’s a great town, but out there. It’s hard to debate that with a straight face.

It’s unsurprising those described above appear to be Weston area realtors.

Old 01-01-2022, 09:54 AM

92 posts, read 111,782 times
westonzuela is the term i hear most about that area way out west...best area to move too, i dont think so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area