Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 09:34 PM

55 posts, read 301,368 times

Advertisements

I agree ... the exteriors are ugly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 09:36 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,786,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorsmom View Post
.it's hard to know if a nice looking neighborhood is also safe or if there are problems that only someone living in the area might know about. So, I really appreciate the invaluable insights!!!
Very reasonable question to ask, but fortunately that's a very sturdy neighborhood. That whole 33325 area still has that "midwestern" feel intact. That zip code area goes from extremely wealthy to some more shabby mobile home parks, but the only worst crime in that area is a few burglaries a year in the more run down mobile home park by the high school. A few years ago they had burglary spree in Shenandoah, and a few months ago, there was some suicidal guy who pointed a gun at a cop. While that sounds scary, the guy was trying to provoke the police to shoot HIM, he was going through a divorce and other problems, so it was the kind of thing that could have happened anywhere (all of his neighbors claimed he was a friendly person).. Otherwise, there is an occasional car theft (maybe 2-3 a year), something gets stolen from an unlocked car, and maybe a more sporadic home burglary (probably 10 or so a year). Home invasion or any of those more scary crimes pretty much don't exist in that whole zip code.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 05-28-2008 at 09:47 PM..

Old 05-29-2008, 12:59 PM

439 posts, read 1,741,862 times
Compelled rocks! I don't think I can give you rep points again. (booo, hiss)

I was going to suggest Shenandoah. I've seen houses there and they're quite nice. An acquaintance of mine lives there.

I've been in Poinciana Parc on a regular basis--family lives in there. Houses are nice, but the land is non-existant. I know there are at least 2 foreclosures on the market in there--I've passed them when I've been on the way to visit my former sister-in-law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
There are entry level similar sized properties across the street in SHENANDOAH now in the mid 200s, a comparatively upscale neighborhood (if you were referring to the Davie house). That neighborhood has multiple properties selling in the low 200s, check the Broward property appraiser website. I'm not sure what kind of condition the Plantation house was in, but if it's interior is anywhere near as neat and tidy as the exterior, it looks like a nice find and I agree.

Single Family Home - 13971 Oaklawn Pl, Davie, FL, 33325 - Realtor.com
Thanks to the lack of trees that house has a Miami-Dade look but everything else about that house is superior to the first house, including the neighborhood. AND it has a pool.

Here is another SHENANDOAH house with a pool in the mid 200s, and this one is nice!
Single Family Home - 804 Cumberland Te, Davie, FL, 33325 - Realtor.com

And if you don't mind living across from I-595, they have sparkling clean Weston-style townhomes like this in Poinciana Parc.
Condo/Townhouse/Co-Op - 14033 N Forest Oak Cr, Davie, FL, 33325 - Realtor.com

ANOTHER small but tidy lower end Shenandoah house for 244
Single Family Home - 13871 Langley Pl, Davie, FL, 33325 - Realtor.com

Those houses are also wood frame, but they didn't get nearly the damage that the neighborhood across the street got. And here are a few cheaper Honey Lake homes(the neighborhood you posted). This is where they should be priced RIGHT NOW for that neighborhood.

Single Family Home - 13400 SW 10Th Pl, Davie, FL, 33325 - Realtor.com
Single Family Home - 13531 SW 9Th Ct, Davie, FL, 33325 - Realtor.com
Single Family Home - 960 SW 133Rd Te, Davie, FL, 33325 - Realtor.com

Old 05-29-2008, 11:56 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,675,745 times
I knew that house in Plant Acres for $299k was a good deal. I just checked again and it's now priced at $550k! It was a $250K listing price mistake....

Single Family Home - 11860 Tara Dr, Plantation, FL, 33325 - Realtor.com

Old 05-30-2008, 10:03 AM

3,368 posts, read 11,631,614 times
Yeah, that makes A LOT more sense to me. It's unimaginable to buy such a huge house in a nice area for under $300,000; prices have dropped, but South Florida is not Atlanta!

Old 06-02-2008, 07:19 AM

445 posts, read 1,676,804 times
Default I was thinking the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
I knew that house in Plant Acres for $299k was a good deal. I just checked again and it's now priced at $550k! It was a $250K listing price mistake....

Single Family Home - 11860 Tara Dr, Plantation, FL, 33325 - Realtor.com
We lived in the acres for many years and while the market is depressed, I know the 299k had to be a mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area