Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 10:11 AM

4 posts, read 9,209 times

Advertisements

I have seen a townhouse condo for rent here a few months ago when I first began to consider moving to FLA...the place looks really nice and seems safe enough especially for a single straight female. I do not see any relatively new posts here so curious to hear from anyone in the know about renting here. Your opinions will be helpful as I try to figure out the best areas where condos may be renting for a reasonable price. I'm moving within the next few months and would appreciate the help!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 10:01 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,938,461 times
It's a gated community and yet they say [SIZE=2]it’s all about neighborhood. Your neighborhood.
[/SIZE]

Old 12-03-2014, 06:45 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,687,621 times
Wilton Station was built probably about 5 years ago so it's relatively new....it seems to have struggled a bit because it was done around the time the recession started so the stores that were supposed to be underneath never really took off....often empty or just cheese ball nail saloon rented a space for a year or something. . . but it's still nice it's just unfortunate that the whole thing happened around the housing crash.

It's right by the railroad tracks, so idk.... I guess as long as it has those sound proof windows it would be OK, but otherwise I feel like the train would get loud and annoying sometimes. And despite it being about 2.5 miles from the beach, it certainly isn't walkable, unless u wanna walk all the way down on busy Federal highway to Sunrise BLVD and then walk through the Galleria mall area and up over a bride and down again.... it would take like an hour to walk there at least lol.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:29 PM

440 posts, read 517,180 times
Default What About the Train Noise?

I just read an Letter to the Editor in The Islander Newspaper who wrote to complain that he had lost half of his hearing due to the loud, long train whistle that the conductor is required to blow before coming upon a street intersecting with the railroad tracks, since moving into Wilton Station.
I would imagine that you'd also feel ground vibrations from the trains going by plus when I've walked along in that area and the train is going over the bridge over the river there, you can hear the clacking all over the neighborhood.
If train noise doesn't bother you, I'd be sure to find a unit on one of the upper floors since the complex sits right next to the river and even though scientists have said that due to Global Warming we will probably see less hurricanes forming, they will be stronger, which has actually been the case as Katrina and Andrew were extremely strong hurricanes but we haven't had many hurricanes to speak of so one like those hitting Fort Lauderdale would cause the river to flood next to Wilton Station during a storm surge with heavy rains and a high tide.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:48 AM

119 posts, read 139,753 times
i wonder if anyone has any updated info on this site? Thank you

Old 07-29-2019, 07:31 PM

440 posts, read 517,180 times
Here's an update. Don't rent or buy on the west side of Wilton Station if you get motion sickness from watching trains go by.
The amount of train traffic has increased due to the Brightline now using the same tracks that go under the balconies on the west side of Wilton Station as the freight trains.
I wouldn't want a train going underneath my balcony but I guess noise and the fumes from the train engine must not bother some people.
It used to be that developers here stayed away from train tracks and busy streets but now there's been all kinds of small one and two story businesses and small houses bought up and torn down and apartment buildings are going up on those sites as land is at a premium east of I-95.
Must be those people in those buildings never open their windows or use their balconies due to the noise and fumes from cars on the streets below them unless they are up on a really high floor.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:15 AM

8,067 posts, read 4,688,251 times
Wilton Station still looks good from the street. Although, the empty storefronts may be discouraging. For obvious reasons, the units on the railroad track side would be less desirable & sell for less. However, I understand those living in the rest of the Wilton Station are quite happy. Can't beat the convenience to a Publix and what amenities are to be had on that part of the Drive.

Old 07-30-2019, 02:56 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,098,224 times
I love Wilton Station!

I have friends who in fact live next to the railroad and you cannot hear or feel the trains when they go by unless you are sitting outside.

Insane pool, I'd live there in a heartbeat.

Great location walking distance to a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area