Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 12:06 PM

39 posts, read 120,586 times

Advertisements

MisterNy, if you want to meet and hit up the VW hang out in P.P. with the latest cool VW, LMK. I can pull a car and head out there on Wednesday if your interested. I haven't been to a VW hangout in years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 11:15 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,399,771 times
Sure, I dont mind. Would it be ok, if we did it sometime in December, maybe in a week or two? I owned two VWs a few years ago (Golf GTi A2, and a Corrado G60). That's why ezveedub rang a bell. I'm fine with that. Let me know when it can work for you. I'm guessing you're in an Audi (dare I say Porsche, not a sister company, but they have had plenty of collaborations).

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and possibly enjoying Black friday. Peace to all.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Sure, I dont mind. Would it be ok, if we did it sometime in December, maybe in a week or two? I owned two VWs a few years ago (Golf GTi A2, and a Corrado G60). That's why ezveedub rang a bell. I'm fine with that. Let me know when it can work for you. I'm guessing you're in an Audi (dare I say Porsche, not a sister company, but they have had plenty of collaborations).

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and possibly enjoying Black friday. Peace to all.
Yep, I've been in Audis now for a few years. I've had in the past: two VW A2 GLI 16v's, three Corrado G60's, two A1 Rabbits, an 83 Rabbit GTi, an A2 Jetta GL, & a Scirocco 16v. Some went to show cars, some were run around cars. I'll let you know in Dec what day is open for me also, as I will have sometime off next month.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:06 AM

274 posts, read 625,396 times
I have been in the ATL area for since May of this year. I came up from the Tampa/St. Pete area.

I had heard so many good things about the city and the reason I moved here was for work. Got laid off of my job in Tampa and needed to find work ASAP. I work in the I.T. field and ATL had tons of more opportunities then FL did so I moved, and the job I got paid me $22,000 more a year doing the same thing.

I personally HATE it here!! First off I am a white male who likes to date outside his race. Preferable Black and Latino women. The first 2 months I was here I went out on 5 dates. On 3 of the dates I had people say rude and vulgar things to me and I also had one guy walk out of his way to purposely bump his shoulder into me when we walked past him down the side walk. He then asked me what my problem was?? I just ignored him and kept walking. From my experience it comes from all sides, Whites, Black, Hispanics, etc. I felt uncomfortable going out on dates after that. I have heard more racial slurs here in 6 months then I have anywhere else.

I lived in St. Pete for almost 4 years and dated a Black girl and never once had anyone say one thing to me about it out in public. We kissed in public all the time and we held hands everywhere we went. I dated a Latino girl from Miami for 8 months and never felt uncomfortable being out in public with her either.

To me there is still too much racial tension here in deep south. Hell that was obvious during the election, only 1 southern state voted for Obama and that was FL!! I don't really consider FL the deep because of all the transplants and immigrants who have moved there.

I just don't like the prejudice and all the damn confederate flags flying around. I just don't get it, YOU LOST!! There is only ONE flag for this country, the STARS and STRIPES!! Why not fly that flag!!

So that being said, I have quit going out and have been saving my money so I can move the HELL OUT OF HERE!! But this time I am moving out to the Rocky Mountains in CO!!

Old 11-29-2008, 07:58 AM

379 posts, read 1,414,167 times
How old do you have to be to get into the strip clubs in South Florida?...Oh and let me add, I could give lessons on bored and cold...enjoy & appreciate what you have access to!

Old 11-29-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarynO View Post
How old do you have to be to get into the strip clubs in South Florida?...Oh and let me add, I could give lessons on bored and cold...enjoy & appreciate what you have access to!
I think some are 18 & some are 21, depends on the club.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:14 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,294,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Want_Snow View Post
I have been in the ATL area for since May of this year. I came up from the Tampa/St. Pete area.

I had heard so many good things about the city and the reason I moved here was for work. Got laid off of my job in Tampa and needed to find work ASAP. I work in the I.T. field and ATL had tons of more opportunities then FL did so I moved, and the job I got paid me $22,000 more a year doing the same thing.

I personally HATE it here!! First off I am a white male who likes to date outside his race. Preferable Black and Latino women. The first 2 months I was here I went out on 5 dates. On 3 of the dates I had people say rude and vulgar things to me and I also had one guy walk out of his way to purposely bump his shoulder into me when we walked past him down the side walk. He then asked me what my problem was?? I just ignored him and kept walking. From my experience it comes from all sides, Whites, Black, Hispanics, etc. I felt uncomfortable going out on dates after that. I have heard more racial slurs here in 6 months then I have anywhere else.

I lived in St. Pete for almost 4 years and dated a Black girl and never once had anyone say one thing to me about it out in public. We kissed in public all the time and we held hands everywhere we went. I dated a Latino girl from Miami for 8 months and never felt uncomfortable being out in public with her either.

To me there is still too much racial tension here in deep south. Hell that was obvious during the election, only 1 southern state voted for Obama and that was FL!! I don't really consider FL the deep because of all the transplants and immigrants who have moved there.

I just don't like the prejudice and all the damn confederate flags flying around. I just don't get it, YOU LOST!! There is only ONE flag for this country, the STARS and STRIPES!! Why not fly that flag!!

So that being said, I have quit going out and have been saving my money so I can move the HELL OUT OF HERE!! But this time I am moving out to the Rocky Mountains in CO!!
What a load of pure crap! I have lived here 22 years and have NEVER seen a Confederate flag flapping in the breeze. As for your other issues, first Obama won the core Atlanta Counties by a landslide. North Florida voted for McCain in larger numbers than rural Georgia did. Guess you don't watch the news, eh?

As for your dating problems, I find that very hard to believe unless you were stupid enought to try that in the hood. I know several happy interracial couples, many of whom live in conservative suburban areas, many with multi-racial children and none of them could be happier.

I smell BS.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:16 PM

379 posts, read 1,414,167 times
Some people are drawn to the confederate flag merely as a symbol of being a "rebel"...it doesn't always go much deeper than that...because of course, many people aren't really all that deep.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:44 PM

341 posts, read 1,333,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Want_Snow View Post

^^^

Bruh Im sorry you were accosted that type of way when you were on your date. But I have some issues with some of your comments. First off where were you when you were on your date? It sounds like you were in the hood and the individual who shoulder bumped more than likely had no issue with you dating outside of your race than he was trying to scope you out, i.e. see whether or not you would be a easy "Vic" to them. With that said its good you didn’t respond back to him, as he was probably waiting and hoping for you to say something to him. I think that’s an Atlanta thing, more than a racial thing. Couples out on dates are targets for stick up kids, a friend of mine was robbed the same way- by someone bumping into him ( we call it a shoulder shove/bump) while he was walking with his girl down the street; the person who bumps you knows that you will more than likely say something just because you are in front of you girl and don’t want be embarrassed. Once you do that they will start a fight, but the main goal is to rob you. Also about the confederate flag thing, I think your either lying, or you were not in Atlanta, more than likely you were waaayyyyy out in the North GA Mountains. Atlanta has its fair share of rednecks, but they don’t flaunt their views like that in the city or anywhere in the metro for that matter as they don’t want to get their pickup trucks shot up, this is the old south yes, but the racist’s keep their views to themselves and keep it moving. Im black, grew up in the city of Atlanta and although my middle and high schools were mostly black I grew up in a mostly white neighborhood, and I never, and I mean never had any racial slurs thrown my way, so I don’t know where you were at where that happened to you. Florida as a whole has way more rednecks than GA anyway, ever been to Destin, FL??????????

Old 12-02-2008, 02:47 PM

341 posts, read 1,333,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
What a load of pure crap! I have lived here 22 years and have NEVER seen a Confederate flag flapping in the breeze. As for your other issues, first Obama won the core Atlanta Counties by a landslide. North Florida voted for McCain in larger numbers than rural Georgia did. Guess you don't watch the news, eh?

As for your dating problems, I find that very hard to believe unless you were stupid enought to try that in the hood. I know several happy interracial couples, many of whom live in conservative suburban areas, many with multi-racial children and none of them could be happier.

I smell BS.

^^^
yeah I think he is lying, I grew up in Atlanta ( in a white neighborhood to boot) and I never saw someone flying a confederate flag outside their house. Thats not to say you go 1.5 hours due south or north and see plenty of them, but not in the metro area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area