Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 06:51 PM

7 posts, read 20,502 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving to Miramar in the next couple of months.
I have seen a few new developments that are going up and I was wondering what everyone that about the areas. The area, schools, crime, etc.

The Village at Miramar - Pembroke Rd. and Douglas.

Boardwalk - Flamingo and just south of the Turnpike.

Montclair - Flamingo and Pembroke Rd.

Also if you have any suggestions of nice places in Miramar, I would appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 08:58 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,020,524 times
good thing I read this ! The village at Miramar...STAY AWAY... nasty area and you will not like it. TRUST ME ON THIS. Boardwalk near Countyline and Flamingo...way too congested...I moved out of this area when I lived in Miramar due to the etremely high crime/ home invasions in that area. Montclair seems nicer and that would be your best best in Miramar....its west and also more north at the Pines county line. If you have anymore questions about Miramar, send me a PM and I will answer everything you need to know.

good luck

Old 11-28-2008, 06:57 PM

7 posts, read 21,798 times
The further west you go the better. Stay away from East Miramar. The crime is bad. I lived in Miramar for 6 years. For the first two years I was in East Miramar off of University. Then I moved to Silver Falls for the next 4 years before finally moving to Pembroke Lakes and then out of the area all together.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:58 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,809,994 times
SOUTH of the Turnpike? That is technically in Miramar, but basically in Miami Gardens. It's quite a disparity, which leads to a lot of issues in the area. I would stay away. The congestion is not bad at all IMO (whats so bad about Flamingo and County Line?), but you want to look into areas west of Flamingo, or at least north of Miramar Pkwy.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:01 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,020,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
SOUTH of the Turnpike? That is technically in Miramar, but basically in Miami Gardens. It's quite a disparity, which leads to a lot of issues in the area. I would stay away. The congestion is not bad at all IMO (whats so bad about Flamingo and County Line?), but you want to look into areas west of Flamingo, or at least north of Miramar Pkwy.
There is a small rectangular area south of the turnpike...boundaries are red road on the east and red road on the west since it curves almost 90 degrees and honeyhill road on the south. In this pocket are Haven Lake Estates trailer park off Red Rd. Then you have Viscaya (old somerset) right off Flamingo...congestion galore. Traffic was so bad that they had to widen the lane to two lanes each way....traffic is still a nightmare. Lots of bad pockets in Viscaya....again, I moved out because my neighbors were being burglarized all the time. North of Viscaya on flamingo you have Silver Falls...much nicer and better.....but still congested in the mornings and later afternoons. Now that they are going to build boardwalk...forget about it ! Traffic will be sick.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:55 PM

2 posts, read 11,392 times
Default The Village at Miramar is a great place to live!

We were among the first residents to move into The Village at Miramar and we love it! Love our home and the location! The traffic is not dramatically different than west of Flamingo or north of Miramar Pkwy. The Village at Miramar is close to everything and once you get inside the gated community, none of that matters anway! We looked at Montclair and Silver Falls before we bought our home here. Their prices were higher and we didn't like the designs of their homes and they are not as well constructed.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:15 PM

2 posts, read 10,057 times
Hi, I realize this is an older post, but I am moving to Miramar. What neighborhoods should I look at? I am 27 year old female, single, like to go out at times and would like somewhere safe. Ideas?

Old 10-25-2011, 02:46 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,432,087 times
Why Miramar? Why not live in Pembroke Pines or further east in Hollywood? You are a single family who enjoys nightlife but there is no nightlife for miles from Miramar. It is also very unsafe in Miramar.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:03 PM

2 posts, read 14,344 times
Thumbs up Lucky Homeowner

Happy New Year Everyone, I Just moved to Miramar and found a lovely brand new community of villas and townhomes at the Village at Miramar. it is centrally located near all conveniences. It is a hidden oasis, country club atmosphere, well constucted, solid concrete block construction. Nothing like owning a beautiful new home delivered to me as a model at pre-construction prices, loaded with up-grades and only had to come up with 3.5% downpayment.I received up tp $10,000.00 towards closing costs and I am so happy to live in such luxury.
I was lucky to be one of the first buyers at pre-grand opening pricing of the new phase 2. We have secured gated entry with roaming security, gorgeous plans for our clubhouse and swimming pool. the maintenance is very reasonable because it is a home owners association not a condo association. The town homes and villas are fee simple so one owns the building and the land. what a rare find in todays economy, there are alot of town homes out there for sale,however too many of them are really condos, where one only owns the air space. that is why it is hard to get financing for a condo because one just purchases air space. I just love my new home at the Village at Miramar, the schools are great and I feel safe and protected.It's a nice feeling to know that you have a gorgeous home in a great new neighborhood, near all conveniences within walking distance and not having to fight the traffic of living so far west of I75 where you can literally waste an extra hour to hour and a half just sitting in horrible traffic.I am so happy with my new home and I would gladly reccommend S.H. Communities as one of the best developers in South Florida.

Last edited by rbernath; 01-13-2012 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: CORRECT SPELLING

Old 01-13-2012, 10:09 PM

2 posts, read 14,344 times
Smile Lucky Homeowner

The village at miramar is having a grand opening the first weekend in feb.2012 for their brand new phase 2. Gorgeous luxury town homes and villas at bank release prices.
The best deal of pre-construction homes in broward county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area