Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 09:39 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
My family and I lived in Weston for 4 1/2 years and we loved it .. yes many Hispanics , but still majority White Americans as well you have a European and a growing Asian population ... unlike Miami it is truly diverse and I found the Hispanics to be for the most part friendly and highly educated and as I have mentioned before many times friendlier than our White American neighbors who were typically from the NYC / NJ area .. I would recommend Weston to anyone with a family as their are tons of activities for the kids and it is a beautiful and safe community ... that said Savanna is probably the one community that I would not buy in ... yes they have a terrific community clubhouse , and the place is clean and well kept up ... there are simply to many people and houses in the community it is simply too congested as well as the highest number of homes in foreclosure in all of Weston mainly due to upscale Hispanics from Colombia and Venezuela who purchased $ 750 K homes with almost no money down and variable loans !!!
My former landlord is Cuban "highly educated" and can't wait to move out of Weston to Vero to his house up here. I never asked why since I don't really care. But believe me, it gets really tiresome seeing all this "White American" bashing on the Florida forums.

It also gets really tiring when people refuse to admit that when an entire town or city INSISTS on SPANISH ONLY in AMERICA it's rude, annoying and will end up being a one horse town. And I'm fairly sure that's why my landlord can't wait to move to beautiful Vero Beach where all that crap is non existant (as of now).

Miami quote: "ha ha if you don't speak Spanish here, we consider you a tourist"....my answer: guess what if you don't speak English out in public to us we consider you ignorant.

Who the heck even uses the expression White Americans now, is this another new thing???? <eye roll>

I am a wife of an immigrant and just for once I would have loved to see him get ONE BIT of all this preferential deference that y'all show down here. What a joke, really.

Only in Florida are Americans forced to accept being insulted to their faces, they're supposed to like it, too. A la Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 09:04 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
My former landlord is Cuban "highly educated" and can't wait to move out of Weston to Vero to his house up here. I never asked why since I don't really care. But believe me, it gets really tiresome seeing all this "White American" bashing on the Florida forums.

It also gets really tiring when people refuse to admit that when an entire town or city INSISTS on SPANISH ONLY in AMERICA it's rude, annoying and will end up being a one horse town. And I'm fairly sure that's why my landlord can't wait to move to beautiful Vero Beach where all that crap is non existant (as of now).

Miami quote: "ha ha if you don't speak Spanish here, we consider you a tourist"....my answer: guess what if you don't speak English out in public to us we consider you ignorant.

Who the heck even uses the expression White Americans now, is this another new thing???? <eye roll>

I am a wife of an immigrant and just for once I would have loved to see him get ONE BIT of all this preferential deference that y'all show down here. What a joke, really.

Only in Florida are Americans forced to accept being insulted to their faces, they're supposed to like it, too. A la Obama.
"uncomfortable" a couple of times in Dade , due to not speaking Spanish , but nothing that would get me to post the gibberish that you just posted and yes Vero Beach is nice and more power to your former Cuban landlord for moving to Vero Beach ... hope you dont trip with them scissors

Old 04-20-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:

I do not understand your incoherent rant ... sorry ??? and what does Obama have to do with anything thing

Old 04-20-2009, 09:28 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
........as well as the highest number of homes in foreclosure in all of Weston.....
Where did you get this information? It doesn't seem like there are really that high a percentage of homes in my section (The Marshes I) that are in foreclosure. There is one uninhabited home on my block right now.

When I go to Real Estate, Homes for Sale - Zillow and look at foreclosures in zip codes 33326/33327 I don't see that many in Savanna.

This development has had foreclosures like any other but I don't think the foreclosures are worse here than in any other development. I am curious about whether you are just repeating something someone told you, or if you have some inside knowledge?

Old 04-20-2009, 09:59 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,466,972 times
runwithscissors has shown on several threads that he/she is an extreme right-wing republican who feels they need to interject politics into everything. He/she is anti-immigration, anti-Hispanic, anti-South FL, anti-education, anti-Democrat/liberal, anti-Obama, and feels that anybody who is not a non-Hispanic white person is destroying this country. So I stopped responding to his/her threads because its unproductive. This is not a political message board. Stop attacking liberals, democrats, immigrants, hispanics, college students, etc. If you hate FL so much then move to Alabama.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:36 AM

98 posts, read 470,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
runwithscissors has shown on several threads that he/she is an extreme right-wing republican who feels they need to interject politics into everything. He/she is anti-immigration, anti-Hispanic, anti-South FL, anti-education, anti-Democrat/liberal, anti-Obama, and feels that anybody who is not a non-Hispanic white person is destroying this country. So I stopped responding to his/her threads because its unproductive. This is not a political message board. Stop attacking liberals, democrats, immigrants, hispanics, college students, etc. If you hate FL so much then move to Alabama.
I was going to say the same, after reading some of his posts.
BTW how can you even judge a place if you never lived in it???

Old 04-20-2009, 10:37 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,140 times
Quote:
hope you dont trip with them scissors
ROFLMAO.... (that was the icing on the cake) lol

Old 04-20-2009, 10:51 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
I do not understand your incoherent rant ... sorry ??? and what does Obama have to do with anything thing
What? Miami has spanish-speaking people? Oh, Obama! He's been in office for 3 months, and now this! lol

Old 04-20-2009, 12:52 PM

294 posts, read 1,148,858 times
Quote:
Wow.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Kudos to you my friend !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area