Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 08:04 PM

112 posts, read 305,044 times

Advertisements

Where are the best places (from Palm Beach to Miami) to search for condos within walking distance of LOTS of things to do?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 08:07 PM

324 posts, read 807,384 times
What is your price range?

Old 01-14-2009, 08:41 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,709,122 times
My fave place is downtown Delray Beach, but it depends on your age and interests. Miami Beach, downtown Hollywood, Las Olas also come to mind.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:39 AM

112 posts, read 305,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypockets View Post
What is your price range?
We will spend less than $200K...maybe a lot less. We have no problem with almost any level of condition...something we can fix up as we desire.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:21 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,126,566 times
In Post Saint Lucie where I live, is 45 min North of WPB...In 2005-07 $200k would give you a vacant lot with some leftover money...Nowadays 200k will purchase a new home or a larger fixer....There are just so many new homes and short sale homes all over South Florida that one can fill a newspaper with the listings..

Any level of condition maybe a choice of words that may come with huge hidden out of pocket expenses. Mold can be within the walls and you have a huge expensive and time consuming problem that may not be noticable during your purchase.

Las Olas for 200k will get one a 2 yr contract for someones lawn service. There are homes on Las Olas Blvd that have lawn service at 15k a month...WOW...My friend has the contract for one of the homes there...

You do need to get closer to an agent who has the ability to search all bases for the least amount of time because there are just so many homes within your parameters in today's market...

Old 01-22-2009, 05:55 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,469,718 times
topshop>

This is pretty easy. In Miami, live either on Miami Beach, Brickell, Coconut Grove, or Aventura. In Broward County, Las Olas is the place to be or Fort Lauderdale Beach. Hollywood Beach is fun too, but the previous two are better. In Palm Beach County, I'd imagine downtown near Clamatis Street is pretty happening. I don't know any other areas in Palm Beach that you would call exciting. The next best thing I know of is downtown Gardens, located along PGA Blvd. in Palm Beach Gardens. I've heard others call downtown Delray exciting, but I was there and found it boring to be honest. It depends a lot on your age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area