Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2016, 06:02 PM

17 posts, read 14,026 times

Advertisements

Hi, I just posted a little while ago asking about Sunset area, turns out the home I saw for rent is a SCAM! Jeez. So thank you to the individual who replied to me on that thread earlier.

I live in Lee county. I am planning on moving to Broward end of March. I have been looking of course online at rentals. I already have a job. I wish there was a city data forum for rental postings. I would prefer to find a rental by owner, does anyone have any suggestions?

It is very daunting how much rentals have sky rocketed. I am a single parent. my son is 16 and disabled. I am trying really hard to move there because he can get better services and help in Broward. It seems very cut throat there between all the scammers and super high rents. I have stable income and job, good rental history etc. I am completely not picky about where in Broward!

If anyone knows of any property owners and it is ok to ask this here, could you contact me? Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 08:51 PM

874 posts, read 900,101 times
Clara, thank you for figuring out the job first. Rents are high, but tend to be better as you get further north and west.

Because your on will need services and help, I recommend you reach out to support groups in Broward to investigate where the best place to live actually is.

The last thing I would like to see is that you relocate, then figure out that it would be better to live in another zip code.

Happy to answer any questions that you have, but I really only do rentals as far as Miramar and Pembroke Pines.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:56 AM

3,237 posts, read 3,196,331 times
Although there are some home owners that rent their homes without the use of a realtor, many of us use a realtor when it comes time to rent. A good realtor, for the landlord, is useful in preparing comps on the home, and to give us advice on what we can do to add appeal both inside and out and vet any prospective tenants and help evaluate all offers, and draft the contract to rent and lease agreement. The landlord is responsible for paying the realtor's commission to do all of this--you do not. Only you can determine if it's worth using a realtor or not, but it is certainly one way to help you avoid scams.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:50 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
If you are a renter, then you are crazy to not use a realtor when looking for a rental. It's free.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:12 AM

Thank you all for your replies, I appreciate it. I have nothing against using a realtor. I suppose I need to find one who works all areas of Broward.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post
Clara, thank you for figuring out the job first. Rents are high, but tend to be better as you get further north and west.

Because your on will need services and help, I recommend you reach out to support groups in Broward to investigate where the best place to live actually is.

The last thing I would like to see is that you relocate, then figure out that it would be better to live in another zip code.

Happy to answer any questions that you have, but I really only do rentals as far as Miramar and Pembroke Pines.
Thank you Ann. Do you have ideas of where I can find a support group to ask questions? I am fine with further north and west, thank you for your help !!

Old 02-21-2016, 07:29 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
Where is your job located? You could start by narrowing down your search to that city and then expanding out from there if needed. Most realtors in Broward County work the entire county. It is impractical to search the entire county. Too many areas, too many results.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:18 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Find Real Estate, Homes for Sale, Apartments & Houses for Rent - realtor.com®

Homes for Sale in Florida. Apartments for Rent in Florida - yellowkeyrealty.com

Old 03-05-2016, 04:46 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
You can find places on Craigslist but you have to be smart about it. You can also drive around neighborhoods and call when they have for rent signs outside.

How much is your budget and are you looking for a 2/1?

Pompano might be the best value, it's cheaper than Fort Lauderdale, you just have to know where the better areas are which are closer to Federal Highway and heading towards the beach. Oakland Park is cheaper too. I would avoid Sunrise. Hollywood has decent areas.

If you pay $750 in Lee county for a 2/1 you can expect to pay $1000 or more in Broward. I used to live in Broward and moved to Lee county because Broward was too expensive.

Like other people said go to a Real Estate place that does rentals and have them take you around to places that fit your budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area