U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 08:15 AM

7,883 posts, read 17,179,338 times

Advertisements

ok lets talk about food...yes my mom tells me who is down there 2.5 months out of the year its not so good..this coming from NYC..

However in Weston Itself, what kind of restaurants? and what are some of your Favorites???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 09:01 AM

2,113 posts, read 4,276,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
ok lets talk about food...yes my mom tells me who is down there 2.5 months out of the year its not so good..this coming from NYC..

However in Weston Itself, what kind of restaurants? and what are some of your Favorites???
Not true .. there are plenty of excellent resturants in Weston and in nearby Plantation , Coral Springs and Pembroke Pines ... many of them owned by ex-New Yorkers .. granted few places are as good as New York , but South Florida has no shortage of excellent places to eat .

You can find great Italian , Sushi ( Sushi Tom Weston ) Seafood ( Bonefish Grill Weston ) Thai , Colombian and Cuban in Pembroke Pines .

Old 02-12-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Not true .. there are plenty of excellent resturants in Weston and in nearby Plantation , Coral Springs and Pembroke Pines ... many of them owned by ex-New Yorkers .. granted few places are as good as New York , but South Florida has no shortage of excellent places to eat .

You can find great Italian , Sushi ( Sushi Tom Weston ) Seafood ( Bonefish Grill Weston ) Thai , Colombian and Cuban in Pembroke Pines .
well u know living in charlotte NO SEAFOOD..LOL so I will be enjoying my Florida Lobsters, and Crab...and Oysters...with that, LOVE LOVE SUSHI....ok that is all I needed to hear...

Old 02-12-2009, 09:41 AM

188 posts, read 505,221 times
My kids love Stir Crazy in Weston. There is no shortage in restaurants in Wetson and surrounding areas. There are great, fun semi inexpensive places near of across from the beach.
We went over to Dania Beach a week or 2 ago and found the Dania Beach bar and Grille. Granted it is walk up dining and mainly fried. But for lunch my kids loved it and the view from our outdoor booth was great! I also ate at one on Fort Lauderdale Bch. But I can't remember the name. You sit in gliding benches. Pretty good food, not expensive and again, fun.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:42 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,826,074 times
I don't think that NY is a good place to compare any other place in the world too. NYC is in a class all by itself. It is the only place you can go and have every ethnic group that has ever existed represented in, food, cloting, languages, etc. The list could go on and on. That being said, if you have a more realistic idea of your surroundings you will have a better time. Some one coming from NYC may not be the best person to take advice from as they have so many options, where someone from Upstate NY may be better to take advice from because the areas are similar in nature. Do you know what I mean?

Old 02-12-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
I don't think that NY is a good place to compare any other place in the world too. NYC is in a class all by itself. It is the only place you can go and have every ethnic group that has ever existed represented in, food, cloting, languages, etc. The list could go on and on. That being said, if you have a more realistic idea of your surroundings you will have a better time. Some one coming from NYC may not be the best person to take advice from as they have so many options, where someone from Upstate NY may be better to take advice from because the areas are similar in nature. Do you know what I mean?
I agree we love the food here in NC....but we also just got NY pizza from a place that I GREW up eating in Brooklyn, so it was very exciting...other than that we are in the South and well u must adapt to what u have and we are fine with it...really we just go with the flow...

Old 02-12-2009, 09:53 AM

that's all - if you go against the grain for everything then nothing will make you happy - but hey - you can get way better collard greens and baked macaroni than either myself or Tank - you have a plus being where you are from LOL.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:53 AM

984 posts, read 3,450,162 times
We moved to Weston 8 months ago and tried several restaurants in Weston. Most places are decent but the value was not good. I can't even find a nice Chinese restaurant in Weston.

My impression with S. FL restaurants is there are good ones but also expensive. Any recommendations for $10 pp dinner?

Old 02-12-2009, 11:05 AM

LOL - Golden Coral

Old 02-12-2009, 12:54 PM

789 posts, read 2,211,246 times
My bud recommends La Brasera (sp) in the town center - Venezuelan Steakhouse..if you want meat that is.....good but not highly season...and a good Japanese next door to it...an upscale diner hidden on east side of weston road, small place that's good but can't rem the name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area