Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2009, 10:43 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,763,584 times

Advertisements

I guess it is all relative Lost/Fauve - As I said before, I'm sure the heat will wear on me, but at least when it does cool down some at 5ish, I can go out. There is nothing you can do about the cold. There is nothing attractive about being outside in 2 degree weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 11:03 AM

789 posts, read 2,563,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
I guess it is all relative Lost/Fauve - As I said before, I'm sure the heat will wear on me, but at least when it does cool down some at 5ish, I can go out. There is nothing you can do about the cold. There is nothing attractive about being outside in 2 degree weather.
You can always put on sufficient clothes to stay warm, but not take off enough to stay kewl...

Old 03-10-2009, 11:36 AM

436 posts, read 1,088,835 times
Quote:
5'ish? No, unfortunately not on most days, it would still be very hot in the summer. I think 2pm-4pm is the hottest part of the day. I walk my dogs at night at 10pm and beads of sweat are forming on my forehead and my palms get clammy, that quickly. At 5pm, chances are, it's still oppressive.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:38 AM

Still not going to want to stay out in the cold even with the clothes on. I like the heat.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:45 AM

It's hot we know that, I'll figure it out when I get there, I'm sure I'll be fine. I assure you the heat bothers me much more here in NYC where I can't escape it into a pool. What pool? Oh right there isn't one (at least not one that I will put my kids into). Where is the pool in florida, back yard, complex, friends house. The opportunities seem endless. Not much you can do to escape the heat here in NYC and oh yes it gets to the mid 90's and very, very humid. What do kids do other than open a fire hydrant? Sucks guys no matter how you slice it. What doesn't work for you guys seems to work for my family - lets leave it at different strokes for different folks. No right or wrong, both good and bad!

Old 03-10-2009, 11:49 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,570,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
You can always put on sufficient clothes to stay warm, but not take off enough to stay kewl...
well tony, there's no way we wanna encourage chelsa to take too much off......she'll just have to settle for a fan or a/c.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:02 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,072,014 times
Quote:
Actually, it's the complete opposite. You can always wear extra clothes, or ones that are made especially for the cold weather. But with the heat? Sweating is the only thing you can do. Would you rather stand and wait for a bus when it's 90 degrees with high humidity, or 35 and sunny?

Old 03-10-2009, 12:02 PM

436 posts, read 1,088,835 times
Quote:
Still not going to want to stay out in the cold even with the clothes on. I like the heat.
Check back with us in the summer months about that one.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:18 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,570,229 times
Reality check for those fellas who wish to impose their own metabolism on others....some people actually prefer the heat to the cold. If Chelsa prefers that, then it's her prerogative, isn't it? She isn't asking you to feel the same way, is she?

Find someting else to bash S. Florida about, but it's not your responsibility to dictate to someone how they must feel about heat vs. cold.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:39 PM

Muah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area