U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:12 AM

3,047 posts, read 4,554,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
No fauve, I'm working in Miami, but in case things don't work out, it is likely that I would find work in Miami. Just trying to stay ahead of the game. I look for things to work out and not have to make the drive into Manhattan, I mean Miami. My job is located in Dania Beach and after finding out what some people pay for family coverage in some of the firms, I am loving my job even more LOL.
Oh wow, so you did get the job from the City-Data poster! LOL, that's so great. Well, I wouldn't worry about working in Miami then. The commute from Pembroke Pines to Dania Beach is pretty awful. There is no east/west highway that gets you to US1 other than 595 (have to actually drive PAST Weston) and the turnpike extension (have to go south and then it only takes you east as far as 95).

Commuting across Pines Blvd all the way to US1 will absolutely make you insane. Id far rather live in Weston and commute east on 595. You will hit massive traffic though. As Ive mentioned before, Cooper City is the only place with good schools that will give you a reasonable commute. You might want to take a look at some more areas in there (nice ones do exist, I promise!)

If you were to post a thread: "Best places to live with good schools commutable to Dania Beach," I'd bet the overwhelming answer would be Cooper City! (Why not try it?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 10:14 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,968,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
Oh wow, so you did get the job from the City-Data poster! LOL, that's so great. Well, I wouldn't worry about working in Miami then. The commute from Pembroke Pines to Dania Beach is pretty awful. There is no east/west highway that gets you to US1 other than 595 (have to actually drive PAST Weston) and the turnpike extension (have to go south and then it only takes you east as far as 95).

Commuting across Pines Blvd all the way to US1 will absolutely make you insane. Id far rather live in Weston and commute east on 595. You will hit massive traffic though. As Ive mentioned before, Cooper City is the only place with good schools that will give you a reasonable commute. You might want to take a look at some more areas in there (nice ones do exist, I promise!)
Actually no. But angie was awesome - I am out of their range salary wise.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:17 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,790,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
Dan Marino lived (past tense) in Weston. He now lives in Parkland.

Incorrect ... he still lives in Weston ..although he is downsizing and his house is on the market .. he sold his home in Parkland which he never lived in ... he intends to move to Jupiter ... although Jason Taylor still lives in Weston .. as does former Marlin Jeff Conine , current Marlin Hanley Ramirez and former Dolphins .. John Offderdhal , Keith Sims , Jeff Dellenbach and Bernie Kosar .. oh on second though I think Bernie lost his home in bankruptcy !!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:17 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,968,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post

If you were to post a thread: "Best places to live with good schools commutable to Dania Beach," I'd bet the overwhelming answer would be Cooper City! (Why not try it?)
Well perhaps, you can give me a day and show me around and it will sway me LOL. I just really didn't love Cooper City - but I'm not closed off to it. I will work right off of Dixie Highway - according to google it is 20 minutes without traffic.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:18 AM

2,086 posts, read 2,129,277 times
Quote:
Ouch - I have to get used to the longer commute - when you say an hour to someone who is on the train for 30 minutes - it sounds like a life time.

An hour to the west coast (Naples) is not bad at all, and you get to see alligators sunning themselves on the canal.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Incorrect ... he still lives in Weston ..although he is downsizing and his house is on the market .. he sold his home in Parkland which he never lived in ... he intends to move to Jupiter ... although Jason Taylor still lives in Weston .. as does former Marlin Jeff Conine , current Marlin Hanley Ramirez and former Dolphins .. John Offderdhal , Keith Sims , Jeff Dellenbach and Bernie Kosar .. oh on second though I think Bernie lost his home in bankruptcy !!

On a related note Bernie Kosar was a football coach for my neighbors' kids.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:26 AM

3,047 posts, read 4,554,565 times
Quote:
Well perhaps, you can give me a day and show me around and it will sway me LOL. I just really didn't love Cooper City - but I'm not closed off to it. I will work right off of Dixie Highway - according to google it is 20 minutes without traffic.

Well, it's not Pembroke Pines - you'd have to go there to shop (or Plantation), but there are some lovely neighborhoods. Take a look at: Home - Embassy Lakes

And, there was this thread that has lots of info: Embassy Lakes (Cooper City) vs Parkland?

Old 04-20-2010, 02:36 PM

3,383 posts, read 4,124,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
My mistake - guess he couldnt get either sold.
Dan Marino In Weston, Florida, Estate of the Day

Old 04-21-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post
Nice video.

Here's an idea. Using the same camera angle, take the video along Royal Palm Blvd northbound from I-75 exit. The WHCC shot will be beautiful.
Here we go. Although it was already getting dark.

YouTube - Driving on Royal Palm Blvd, Weston

Old 04-21-2010, 08:03 PM

and some other ones

YouTube - Driving through Isles of Weston

YouTube - Driving into Savanna, Weston

YouTube - VID 00019-20100421-1937.3GP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area