Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 10:30 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,075,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB1 View Post
If you are looking for a place to live with your family but your concern it's avoid the racism, i can tell you with a reall knowlege: Don't think about weston!. If you didn't know, the city of weston was created under the concept (for me new nazism): No black people, no poor people.

The cost of life there is so expensive in all the facts, you are so far of the rest, and enother fact that some many persons of these comunity denied is the problem of the drugs. Yes drugs.

Another scary fact is that the weston hight society pay to avoid the spread of their inner problems. They want to show them like a perfect place to live and tht is no true!.

All the places have situations, all the places have problems. If you want a live in a perfect place let me tell you that doesn't exist yet.

Good look!.
New Nazism ... really ... in a city that is probably 40% Jewish ?

This has to be one of the most absurd posts I have seen on here in a while ... when we lived in Weston most of our neighbors were Jewish ether from NYC / NJ , Argentina or Venezuela ... yes there is a large South American Jewish community in Weston ... I doubt that there is much Nazism in Weston ... "Weston hight society pay to avoid the spread of their inner problems " ... WTF ???

It seems like you are simply unhappy because you cannot afford to live there . Weston , along with Western Davie , Cooper City , Coral Springs , Plantation and Parkland are the best places to live in Broward .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 12:16 PM

469 posts, read 1,328,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
New Nazism ... really ... in a city that is probably 40% Jewish ?

This has to be one of the most absurd posts I have seen on here in a while ... when we lived in Weston most of our neighbors were Jewish ether from NYC / NJ , Argentina or Venezuela ... yes there is a large South American Jewish community in Weston ... I doubt that there is much Nazism in Weston ... "Weston hight society pay to avoid the spread of their inner problems " ... WTF ???

It seems like you are simply unhappy because you cannot afford to live there . Weston , along with Western Davie , Cooper City , Coral Springs , Plantation and Parkland are the best places to live in Broward .
I thought that post about Weston was a little "hateful" myself but then again I am new here! No problem living in Weston thus far- unfortunatly people will always have negative things to say about affluent areas. However- my glass is ALWAYS half full

Last edited by namomof3; 06-18-2010 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: re-word

Old 06-18-2010, 12:43 PM

188 posts, read 587,822 times
I've have a few Black families on my street in Weston, as well as a few Jewish, a few Spanish and a few Anglos like myself. I am guessing that this is the norm on most streets in Weston. I feel Weston is truly a melting pot and I am very happy and proud to live here. We moved from an area up north where the population at the shcools were 96% white. What a relief to move down here and know that my boys will have friends from different ethnic backgrounds. In fact we have a packed house right now full of all different colors and my boys are the only blonds in the mix!
I also think that there is a price point for almost anyone living here. There are several different nice appartment communities as well as big, grand homes.
Most people move to Weston for the safe community feel, good schools and location. I know as a parent, that is all I ask for. The rest is icing!

Old 06-18-2010, 01:52 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,709,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankev View Post
I've have a few Black families on my street in Weston, as well as a few Jewish, a few Spanish and a few Anglos like myself. I am guessing that this is the norm on most streets in Weston. I feel Weston is truly a melting pot and I am very happy and proud to live here. We moved from an area up north where the population at the shcools were 96% white. What a relief to move down here and know that my boys will have friends from different ethnic backgrounds. In fact we have a packed house right now full of all different colors and my boys are the only blonds in the mix!
I also think that there is a price point for almost anyone living here. There are several different nice appartment communities as well as big, grand homes.
Most people move to Weston for the safe community feel, good schools and location. I know as a parent, that is all I ask for. The rest is icing!

Agree with this 100%.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:26 PM
vr2

224 posts, read 802,537 times
Having worked at a restaurant in Weston years ago, while the area is not a black area, there certainly are blacks in Weston who do just fine. Weston is loaded with South Americans and Jews.

And yes, Weston does try and keep poor people out, what's wrong with that? They don't want project housing and crime, what a shame!

MRB1's comments are simply class-warfare which is spurred by jealousy. Unfortunately this is a growing problem in this country especially under this administration, I would only guess that MRB1 votes democrat. Let's spread the wealth around a little!

Old 06-21-2010, 08:56 AM

154 posts, read 552,544 times
Smile Coral Springs

I don't know if the original poster is even checking this thread or not but if anyone who is african-american or even cares is reading this then they should check out Coral Springs. Coral Springs has a lot of upper middle class african american families living there. We have friends here and do many activities in this gorgeous city and it's all English speaking, but very diverse as far as color. I really love Coral Springs.

Now you are not going to believe me on this one but since I've moved further east from out from the West part of Broward (this is my first summer) it has RAINED LESS. Yes, I know this because I'm driving West so my kids can visit their friends and I'm driving from sunny skies out East to stormy rain clouds out in Weston and Davie....everyday. This happened last year when we went to the beaches: Clear at the beach....driving home.....rain. It's been a pleasure living further east! OK, it rains....but not as much!

Old 06-21-2010, 09:43 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,709,122 times
Yeah, I noticed that when I lived near the beach....the winds keep the rain further west.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:06 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,826,853 times
yes

Sometimes I miss going to the beach because it is raining in Weston. But then it turns out that it is a clear sunny day at the beach.

I now use a webcam website to check the beach weather.

Also sometimes I am at a beach with sunny skies and I look West and see huge storm clouds all over the western suburbs.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,669 times
hey i am 25 and in this same situation trying to move from brooklyn, NY. I not sure at all about the neighborhoods. Where did u ended up moving to and how do u like it. i really do not want to have racism in my face. What do u suggest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area