Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 09:24 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,312,241 times

Advertisements

I know a lot of people here want to know about different areas to move too here and crime states. Well this site link has that information for you. Hope it helps someone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 07:56 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,431,519 times
I don't think stats tell the whole story of South FL. On paper, our crime isn't any worse than most big cities. But there is an inordinate amount of crime here that doesn't get recorded. A lot of it is drug-related crime since Miami is the drug gateway to America. Also, the kids who grow up here and go through the public schools are worse than most areas.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:50 AM

294 posts, read 1,145,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
I don't think stats tell the whole story of South FL. On paper, our crime isn't any worse than most big cities. But there is an inordinate amount of crime here that doesn't get recorded. A lot of it is drug-related crime since Miami is the drug gateway to America. Also, the kids who grow up here and go through the public schools are worse than most areas.
Oh please...

The best way to check out crime in any neighborhood you are interested in moving to is to go to the police department website that services the area in question. Many PD websites have interactive maps where you can check exactly where crimes took place and what types of crime incidents were reported.

If you are moving to a development with an HOA, you can usually find the officers listed on the association website with their contact info listed. E-mail these people with your questions.

The Sun Sentinel has an interactive crime map too for Broward and Palm Beach, but seems to omit quite a few non-violent incidents.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:43 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,384,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Translation View Post
The Sun Sentinel has an interactive crime map too for Broward and Palm Beach, but seems to omit quite a few non-violent incidents.
Do you have a link to there site, it would probably be helpful for people who visit this thread?

Old 06-01-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Do you have a link to there site, it would probably be helpful for people who visit this thread?
Doggiebus,

Your right. Here's the link:

South Florida - Broward and Palm Beach County: News, events, crime, property sales and more from Broward and Palm Beach County cities, neighborhoods and communities -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Just click on the city you are interested in for your county and a crime map should be the first item that appears.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:27 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,312,241 times
No one read the OP? The Sun Sentinel crime stats site is what I linked to in the original post

Old 06-01-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
No one read the OP? The Sun Sentinel crime stats site is what I linked to in the original post
Wild Style, yeah, I saw the link. Actually, the link I gave is a bit different - it just shows on a map where various incidents took place city by city. It's actually not very comprehensive, and I know there's a lot of missing info - especially for my neighborhood!

Old 06-01-2009, 07:17 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,808,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Translation View Post
Wild Style, yeah, I saw the link. Actually, the link I gave is a bit different - it just shows on a map where various incidents took place city by city. It's actually not very comprehensive, and I know there's a lot of missing info - especially for my neighborhood!
I looked at Miramar and it looked surprisingly comprehensive. For Pembroke Pines or Weston, not so much.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:48 PM

326 posts, read 1,166,595 times
This is the website I use. The only downside it doesn't have all the neighborhoods just the bigger cities. Florida Local Crime Map, Crime Statistics and Real-Time Alerts

Old 06-04-2009, 09:30 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,808,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofykid View Post
This is the website I use. The only downside it doesn't have all the neighborhoods just the bigger cities. Florida Local Crime Map, Crime Statistics and Real-Time Alerts
Hollywood Crime Map - Showing Crime in Hollywood, US - Crime Statistics - Crime Alerts - Crime Stops Here

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area