Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 11:18 PM

2 posts, read 7,080 times

Advertisements

Do you know anything about this area and/or these apartments in particular? I'm mostly concerned with crime. Is this a safe area for a single mom to come and go, day and night?

The area is west of University, North of McNab.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 04:22 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Don't know about the particular community but most of residential Tamarac is fine. There is an increasing crime rate in Tamarac but mostly RIGHT along State Road 7. I would be more concerned about the schools which aren't known to be good in Tamarac.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:50 PM

2 posts, read 7,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Don't know about the particular community but most of residential Tamarac is fine. There is an increasing crime rate in Tamarac but mostly RIGHT along State Road 7. I would be more concerned about the schools which aren't known to be good in Tamarac.
Thanks for the feedback! I do know about the schools, but am years away from school-age children so it's okay at this point. I do not want crime, though. That's the big one for me.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:22 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
Also be worried about old people driving land yachts in Tamarac. They can barely see where they are going.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:54 AM

154 posts, read 552,656 times
There are wonderful areas of Tamarac. We've driven through the Woodmont Country Club area and the Woodlands Country Club area and love how individual the homes are! They aren't so cookie cutter like they are out in my neck of the woods. I love how retro some look......I really love the ranch style homes as those are really in style now and are making a big comeback. Frankly, I'm tired of the Mediterranean look as our taste is very modern so our home looks very strange: All modern decor inside this Mediterranean home!

I'd rather live near older people too as I find them to be much more responsible neighbors and really care about how their lawns look and don't have loud parties. Hmmmm. Methinks I'm getting old myself so maybe this is why!!!!

Old 08-20-2009, 12:10 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,213 times
Tamarac and Challenger elementary schools are both A schools. Source: Browardschools.com

I agree with PP that State Rd. 7 has more crime than the west part. I read the community paper which covers three cities (Tamarac, Lauderhill, don't remember the last one) and Tamarac does have more crime. Most of it is license suspensions but there are burglaries.
The Woodmont area is safe and beautiful. However, the land is small and there are not a lot of sidewalks. Also, you will see that there are not too many parks nearby that area. You have to drive to Coral Springs or down McNab road towards the Sawgrass.

We have walked in that area at night - close to Baby Love and Dairy Queen - and it was safe other than rude drivers.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:27 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,213 times
I meant North Lauderdale not Lauderhill.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:38 PM

416 posts, read 1,090,067 times
I used to live in Scam-a-crac.
It is fairly safe and actually boring.
Your greatest danger is getting run over by one of the half blind, retired New Yorkers from Kings Point. Speaking from personal experience, it is even worse to have to listen to them say, "Aaauw it's aaawfull heah, dey don' even make the baigulls proapaw. Oi should nevuh have left Lonnnng Gilund. We came tuh Florider tuh die! "
I am not making this up, and I am so glad to have moved away.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:58 AM

351 posts, read 1,127,004 times
The Woodmont subdivision has some very bizarre 80s-style architecture. The elderly contingent is dying off so it is unclear how these neighborhoods will "transition." Overall, the area seems devoid of much in the way of good restaurants, shopping etc. Even Coral Springs has lost much of its restaurants and the shopping is blah.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:05 PM

518 posts, read 2,226,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylar View Post
Do you know anything about this area and/or these apartments in particular? I'm mostly concerned with crime. Is this a safe area for a single mom to come and go, day and night?

The area is west of University, North of McNab.

Thanks!
I have friends who live in that area. They've never had a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area