Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 12:58 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,709,754 times

Advertisements

Well Coral Springs is a nice area and you should be able to find something affordable if you decide that's the place. Be aware that it is suburban and things are spread out.

What I meant with the voting issue is that people who ride buses here don't vote because they're in large part new or are temporary to the area. Some neighborhoods may have shuttles, but be aware that cities are looking for ways to drastically decrease spending right now, so I wouldn't move anywhere with the hope that shuttles might begin.

I live in Davie and will probably be moving to Plantation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 06:31 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,189,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nankjay View Post
btw...if my sister was not driving me crazy with her OCD and distance requirements, I would move to delray in a heartbeat because from what i've learned it WOULD be a good fit for us!!!!! and i'd just give up a bit of space. It's like being part of a tug of war..sis wants me close by her but says she dosn't know how much she can help me and mom in law says the closer we are to her the more she'll be able to help. So, we figured halfway between was a happy medium but we will never get exactly what we want...it will be a compromise either way! Oh...as a caveat, i should add...before..when my entire family was begging us to move to florida and saying how much we need to be closer to family due to my health...they had less going on in their lives...as soon as my health declined significantly and we made the decision, all hell broke loose with my family and all of a sudden everyone is so busy and worried about seeing me this way and not being able to do more and everyone is realizing just how much help i really need physically and they are panicking we are actually making the move and worried about their new incurred responsibilities...if that makes sense.

Thx for your help. Where did you say YOU live again???

Hugs of gratitude!
Nanjay,

This is OT, but I can understand your family's concern and yours. Have you asked how often they can help? Both sides need to be specific as to how much help can be given so everyone knows what to expect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area