Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 02:30 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,775,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
I have more to add and this is an exceptional place:

We Take the Cake - Gourmet Wedding, Bundt and Layer Cakes - Home of the Oprah Key Lime Cake

it's in Fort Lauderdale.

Ice cream places - Ice Cream Club in Weston ... really yummy!!

I have had a few cakes from We Take the Cake (some during office events, some for family occasions). They are definitely great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 03:37 PM

1,076 posts, read 2,356,216 times
I have to add Menchies. Its new. On the northeast side of Pines Blvd & Hiatus in the new outside strip mall. Next to Pei Wei's. Its ice cream buffet style with every possibly topping you could imagine. Its like being a kid in a toy store to be honest. Nice people but always VERY busy.
Cheesecake factory is good for EVERYTHING.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:30 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,757,818 times
Another vote for Sweet Art and/or Cakes by Edda in Pines - second to none.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:19 PM

622 posts, read 1,657,985 times
Another vote for Jaxsons! Also, Kilwins, Cheesecake Factory, and Grand Lux Cafe (owned by Cheesecake Factory, but there are only a few locations, and theyre so gooood!)

There's a French Bakery in Boca over by Mizner Park that makes amazing chocolate croissants, but that's more for breakfast.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:05 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,281,087 times
being from Brooklyn NY Cheescake factory is just OK...

Old 03-19-2010, 05:34 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,786,946 times
Trying not to go too far from Weston...

Jaxsons in Dania- old-fashioned atmosphere, ice cream is good too.
Doris by Sunset Strip in Sunrise- Good bet for Italian style pastries/desserts
Gino's in Hollywood by Johnson and 441- Better than Doris.
Goofles Italian Ice in Plantation by Pine Island and Sunrise- Goofy name but great "wooder" ices and frozen custard.
Vecky Bakery (not to be confused with Vicky Bakery) in Pembroke Pines by Silver Lakes- Best Latin bakery I have found in west Broward, but I do recommend going to Miami to try stuff.
Lutz Frozen Yogurt- Pinkberry ripoff by Cinemark off of Sheridan and 75. Menchies Frozen Yogurt (legit SoCal based) opened a location by Pines and Hiatus too, might be worth checking out.

In Weston, you can find some Middle Eastern type desserts at Shawarma King (by the Pill Box plaza) that are hit and miss, but sometimes good. Sometimes you can catch some good stuff in the dessert case at Domenick's Pizza as well (still open?). Otherwise, you are pretty much stuck with Panera and Cold Stone.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 03-19-2010 at 05:43 PM..

Old 03-20-2010, 01:26 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,786,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Otherwise, you are pretty much stuck with Panera and Cold Stone.
Actually, I take this back. I forget that a lot of the good Latin bakeries are actually right on Weston Rd. I don't go too to them too much but most of them are good. Pan Pa Ya is a chain from Colombia I believe, although I haven't been there much, and the Vicky Bakery (again, not to be confused with Vecky Bakery I mentioned earlier) is good and a pretty reputable Miami-based chain.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:57 PM

216 posts, read 436,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLShorty4lyfe View Post
I have to add Menchies. Its new. On the northeast side of Pines Blvd & Hiatus in the new outside strip mall. Next to Pei Wei's. Its ice cream buffet style with every possibly topping you could imagine. Its like being a kid in a toy store to be honest. Nice people but always VERY busy.
Cheesecake factory is good for EVERYTHING.
Pembroke Gardens shops is the mall....

Old 04-06-2010, 01:52 PM

1,076 posts, read 2,356,216 times
Pembroke Gardens isnt in the mall. My directions would get someone unfamiliar with the area there with ease explaining what street/cross street , and store its next to. Cant get lost with that

Old 06-01-2022, 03:35 PM

7 posts, read 3,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Please share!
I know there are many but curious what you think are good ones to try out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area