Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 04:41 PM

188 posts, read 587,854 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Land O' Lakes and lived in Tampa for several years.
South Florida is quite different from Tampa. We are living in Weston which I can only compare slightly to New Tampa and maybe Westchase (cookie cutter homes but nice areas). It is more crowded here and no new homes like you might find being built in Odessa or areas like that. I have only been down here for a year so I don't know the area as well as most on this board.
What area of Tpa are you from? I might be able to give you comparrisons from your area of Tpa to Sunrise and surrounding areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 06:38 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,827,848 times
Weston is all built out, no more new construction. The newest development - Isles of Weston - was finished ~3-4 years ago.

Also South Florida has no room to grow since all the available land has been taken. Anything further is Everglades and that's National Preserve - can't build there.

I see some new construction in Southwest Ranches, but that's just a house here and a house there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area