Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 04:32 AM

19 posts, read 102,069 times

Advertisements

My Husband and i live in Hollywoodk. We have been here since '04. we have not had a problem. Ever. But we do use common sense. Yet anywhere you live today, you can be an innocent statistic. Things are happening everywhere, small towns in the Country to large bustling Cities. Crime in places that everyone says is a nice Neighborhood and are shocked by what happened.

I try not to wear a sign that says mug me or come after me or I am an easy target. I watch those around me, i am alert. I try not to take chances.

When the Economy tanks, crimes rises, i don't care where you live. You have to use common sense. Don't get me wrong, they are right in some ways, you do hear of some awful stories. Ones i have never heard before that happen down here but there are more good people than bad and it is a wonderful place to live. And you have to take into consideration that we have many more people here than most towns and cities. I think i read recently 5 1/2 Million in '08 in the 3 counties. And they are from every Country imaginable. I just read that the 1st Baptist Church has Members from over 70 Countries. So you have many different cultures living in close proximity to one another. If you consider the Population, Density, i am shocked there is not more crime, just with the sheer number of People.
You just have to be careful and watch your surroundings and we am not out at 4 am at Bars, walking by ourselves or hanging around dark areas or areas less populated. We stay on the roads that are well traveled and use common sense. We stick to areas that are safe, well lit and have others walking, dining, etc.

The Kids that set the one on Fire is a gruesome assault on one they had a beef with, not a total stranger. They deliberately got even with him for turning one into the Police for stealing the boy's father's bicycle. That was their retaliation. Hopefully the Judge will set an example of them and put them away in Prison. They have ruined this young boys life. They all used to be Friends, according to what i read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 05:20 PM

5 posts, read 105,968 times
~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~
I love Broward County. It's Miami-Dade county that terrifies me.

Whenever someone says Miami - I automatically picture candy coated cadillacs and chevys on 22s, liquor stores on every corner, bars on windows and doors, and it gets worse from there.

Can't no one get me to cross the county line at night.
~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

Last edited by BrowardLady; 11-24-2009 at 06:28 PM..

Old 11-29-2009, 04:10 PM

18 posts, read 48,068 times
I live in broward for 4 yrs I hate to said but like everywhere in USA, you have beautiful areas and bad , bad boys live some areas and good the other side. I live in very nice city Weston, is in Broward, it is beautiful perfect landscaping, lakes, and perfects parks and golf courses. You can look up Weston Hills in google and you will see another side of Broward completely different.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,757 times
Broward is HORRIBLE these days! Especially Plantation. There is absolutely NO safe area in this city anymore. And the people aren't nice anymore. May as well call it Miami now... HATE IT HERE!

Old 01-23-2010, 10:03 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmcee2k View Post
Broward is HORRIBLE these days! Especially Plantation. There is absolutely NO safe area in this city anymore. And the people aren't nice anymore. May as well call it Miami now... HATE IT HERE!

I live in Broward ( Parkland ) and previously lived in Weston ... we love both places ... like any other county in the country .. it has its good and bad areas .... I think Plantation especially west of University is really nice ... so posts like yours usually tell me the poster is part of the problem ... people that are rude are the ones that tend to complain the most about the rudeness of others ... I smile and I am friendly to others and it is returned in kind 90% of the time .

Old 01-23-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeto View Post
I live in broward for 4 yrs I hate to said but like everywhere in USA, you have beautiful areas and bad , bad boys live some areas and good the other side. I live in very nice city Weston, is in Broward, it is beautiful perfect landscaping, lakes, and perfects parks and golf courses. You can look up Weston Hills in google and you will see another side of Broward completely different.
Weston Hills is lovely

Old 01-23-2010, 11:02 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,710,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
I live in Broward ( Parkland ) and previously lived in Weston ... we love both places ... like any other county in the country .. it has its good and bad areas .... I think Plantation especially west of University is really nice ... so posts like yours usually tell me the poster is part of the problem ... people that are rude are the ones that tend to complain the most about the rudeness of others ... I smile and I am friendly to others and it is returned in kind 90% of the time .
Yeah, I thought that was a bit troll-like myself. Actually, Plantation has been my favorite place to live in Broward and that includes Weston where I found it a little too 'keeping up with the jones' and personally didnt care for the cookie cutter architecture. Give me sidewalks, canopy trees and beautiful unique houses any day! Don't know anyone who has been a victim of crime either, which would be odd as the socioeconomic level of the area is as high as anywhere else in good areas of Broward.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
Yeah, I thought that was a bit troll-like myself. Actually, Plantation has been my favorite place to live in Broward and that includes Weston where I found it a little too 'keeping up with the jones' and personally didnt care for the cookie cutter architecture. Give me sidewalks, canopy trees and beautiful unique houses any day! Don't know anyone who has been a victim of crime either, which would be odd as the socioeconomic level of the area is as high as anywhere else in good areas of Broward.
I agree .... Plantation is lovely for the most part and does tend to be a little more down to earth than Weston .... I will always maintain that people who complain constantly about the rudeness of others are usually no walk in the park themselves .

Old 01-23-2010, 05:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,691 times
Considering moving to Hollwood Fl. Lived in Daytona beach 11 years ago hated it and moved back to Ohio. How safe is Hollywood? Is it anything like Daytona? Sounds like there is a lot to do down at the boardwalk. want to live in a fun place but don't want high crime along with it.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:21 PM

30 posts, read 89,992 times
I live in W. FTL and I'd give anything to move back to Seattle, where I'm from. I thought it was crazy that everyone kept telling us to be aware of all the sketchy people here. I kid you not, I even had my Bible stolen from me in church within a month of moving here! I laid it outside the bathroom in a planter to use the ladies room and when I came out it was gone! I checked lost and found for more than 6 months each week and I never got it back. The crime here is like nothing I've ever seen before and I've lived in the city in both Louisville, KY and Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area