Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 01:17 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times

Advertisements

My neighborhood hosted a Holiday Home Tour this year, had a house lights decorating contest, and a neighborhood residents Holiday party. The street signs are also wrapped in garland and bows. Oh yeah, and my (voluntrary) HOA contribution to enjoy all that is $30 A YEAR.

So..... guess it all depends on where you CHOOSE to make your home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 01:57 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
My neighborhood hosted a Holiday Home Tour this year, had a house lights decorating contest, and a neighborhood residents Holiday party. The street signs are also wrapped in garland and bows. Oh yeah, and my (voluntrary) HOA contribution to enjoy all that is $30 A YEAR.

Thats sounds awesome TRI...u dont hear things like that too often in communities...im sure it was beautiful too...we love driving around to the communities that arent gated and looking at the lights....as we did it as kids growing up in brooklyn

Old 12-25-2009, 02:21 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,763,584 times
I know guys I love that - I can't wait until we are all neighbors - when I get a home - I'm hosting a party for all my CD friends - you guys are the best!!

Old 12-25-2009, 02:49 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,414,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

That's great, but unfortunately not the norm in So. Fla. I'm a So. Fla native and have lived many places in Broward and Palm Bch Co. and the Christmas spirit is usually lacking but this yr seems especially bad. My neighboor and I were just discussing this, how it just didn't seem like Christmas this yr and how few ppl put up lights as opposed to most yrs. Ppl who always decorate, this yr either decorated very little or not at all. I know everybody has different expectations and experiences but for me, I'm VERY happy that soon I will be experiencing Christmas in a different state. Merry Christmas everybody!!!

Old 12-25-2009, 03:25 PM

What state lilred

Old 12-25-2009, 07:20 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
That's great, but unfortunately not the norm in So. Fla. I'm a So. Fla native and have lived many places in Broward and Palm Bch Co. and the Christmas spirit is usually lacking but this yr seems especially bad. My neighboor and I were just discussing this, how it just didn't seem like Christmas this yr and how few ppl put up lights as opposed to most yrs. Ppl who always decorate, this yr either decorated very little or not at all. I know everybody has different expectations and experiences but for me, I'm VERY happy that soon I will be experiencing Christmas in a different state. Merry Christmas everybody!!!
I travel to Connecticut every other month as the division I work for has its offices in Northford and I also travel to Atlanta ( Duluth ) several times a year ..... why does everyone on this forum think it is a South Florida only thing .... with the economy the way it is , I hear the same local complaints about the two cities mentioned above .. I was in Connecticut a few weeks ago and saw few homes with Christmas lights and I am sure it is the same way in the Atlanta area ... with the media bombarding us with news about terrible jobs and economic data people everywhere are down and cutting back on everything ... it is not just a So Fla thing .

Old 12-26-2009, 09:41 PM

I agree rock - I'm leaning toward that - ratherthan it is just a sfl thing! Times are rough everey where!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area