Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 12:25 PM

4 posts, read 8,620 times

Advertisements

I'm doing some house-hunting in Weston and would like to know some decent streets/communities that are non-gated which would allow me to drive around....I realize that you need a realtor to get in most neighborhoods but haven't gotten to that point yet. I just want to look around on my own.

Looking for streets/communities in the $250-$400k range, if that's any help. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 12:49 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Try the area around Royal . Poinciana Dr off of Bonaventure Blvd, should have plenty of homes in this price range and I don't even think they have a HOA. Around Golfview Dr is another very decent area that is ungated. If you are looking for a newer "development" that still has a HOA, I believe The Gables is a decent development that is ungated, at least it looks decent. Some sections of Country Isles are also not gated, I believe. Basically, most single-family homes off of Bonaventure Blvd and Saddle Club Rd in the "older" Bonaventure area will be ungated and usually won't have any homeowners association if they aren't in a "development". If you are looking for a non-gated community, I also recommend looking into Cooper City if school districts are important, or Plantation if school districts aren't important, as Weston is primarily an area of gated communities.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 01-26-2010 at 01:01 PM..

Old 01-26-2010, 01:27 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,333 times
You can also check Davie.. parts of Davie are like Weston but on the other side of 75.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:40 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradw5720 View Post
I'm doing some house-hunting in Weston and would like to know some decent streets/communities that are non-gated which would allow me to drive around....I realize that you need a realtor to get in most neighborhoods but haven't gotten to that point yet. I just want to look around on my own.

Looking for streets/communities in the $250-$400k range, if that's any help. Thanks.
Country Isles and Executive Homes ... also Bonaventure which is nice but not as desirable as Weston proper has mostly open communities .

Old 01-26-2010, 01:41 PM

4 posts, read 8,620 times
Thanks for the feedback. I'm actually more interested in a Weston gated community but obviously have problems exploring the gated areas...so now I'm just focusing on the non-gated areas so I can leisurely examine the homes/prices without the pressure from a realtor. Eventually I'll start looking into private streets.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Country Isles and Executive Homes ... also Bonaventure which is nice but not as desirable as Weston proper has mostly open communities .
Bonaventure is in "Weston proper".

Old 01-26-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaMaria View Post
You can also check Davie.. parts of Davie are like Weston but on the other side of 75.
Actually it is not at all like Weston, albeit very nice. Davie has more of a rural feel.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:57 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,907,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
Bonaventure has been part of Weston proper for years now. I second Country Isles and Executive Home. The OP may find a nice property in Executive I/II in that price range.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:12 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Actually it is not at all like Weston, albeit very nice. Davie has more of a rural feel.
Right across from 75 is just like Weston... off of SW 154th Ave. The rest of Davie definitely has a more rural feel, thats why I suggested the part right outside of Weston. I used to be a teacher in Davie.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaMaria View Post
Right across from 75 is just like Weston... off of SW 154th Ave. The rest of Davie definitely has a more rural feel, thats why I suggested the part right outside of Weston. I used to be a teacher in Davie.
Along Shotgun Rd? Pretty distinct feel from Weston, again, more rural. Beautiful, and some gated communities, but these are really expensive, high scale ones that would have homes selling for 500k+ in todays economy. I would consider that area to be more upscale than most parts of Weston! For homes under 400k and in gated communities, you probably won't find much in Davie, although there are tons of non-gated communities in that price range that are very nice, like Shenandoah, Forest Ridge, etc.

SW 154th ave davie fl - Google Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area