Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 02:58 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
I love Ponte Vedra and most of North East Florida in general ... that is where my wife and I want to move to in another five - six years or when our girls are out of college ... laid back , lovely , nice people , weather ... the seasons ( yes the seasons ) ... four hours to Atlanta , five to South Florida , no hurricanes , lower cost of living , beaches , did I mention only a six hour drive to the snow in the winter ... short drives to Savannah and Charleston ... even a shorter drives to St. Augustine and Amelia Island !!
I envy you ... good luck !!
Seems like you love taking the road, Rock. Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by granitelady View Post
Welcome back! I also moved to NC a few years ago and in 2008 moved back to Broward County. and let me tell you...I was so happy the day I got back here with the moving truck!
I've chosen to move to Coral Springs due to the schools, but this is a very expensive are for housing and now that I've finally sold my house in NC I'm buying in Plantation because it has more of a selection on my price range. But if you're not on a tight budget I would definetely recommend Coral Springs, specifically zip code 33071, zip 33065 gets a little rough and the schools are not as good.
Feel free to contact me directly and we'll chat more about it.
May I PM you for a few questions? I'm just curious, and I don't want to send this thread in another direction asking you questions about NC. These are purely out of curiousity, nothing more. I'm not moving there either btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 03:00 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Quote:
Interesting .. seeing more and more people moving back to South Florida from the "nirvana" of North Carolina .... we had new neighbors move in down the street here in Heron Bay ( Parkland ) a few months ago from Raleigh ... I have not had time to speak much to them .. seem like nice people originally from Rhode Island who had lived in Coral Springs for twelve years before departing for NC ... one son told me they just could not get used to NC after only four years there .... anyhow I guess the grass is not always greener on the other side ???

It just depends on what your likes/dislikes are and what appeals to you. It's not suprising to me that someone from Rhode Island would choose S FL over Raleigh NC. At the same time, thousands upon thousands have moved to NC and stayed, the opposite (which you are seeing here by "junior member" oddly enough) is certainly not the norm.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:57 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Seems like you love taking the road, Rock. Same here.

May I PM you for a few questions? I'm just curious, and I don't want to send this thread in another direction asking you questions about NC. These are purely out of curiousity, nothing more. I'm not moving there either btw.
We do love taking the "road " .. best way to see this great country of ours ... since I love Florida but also like being close to other states and a diversity of areas ... I plan on being in North East Florida in a few years as it is centrally located to places my wife and I like .... even "gasp" South Florida !!

By the way I am in Mexico City 4:55 am ... here on business ... got to laugh when I read complaints and comments on how third world South Florida and in particular Miami is .... some should try spending time down here ... the bogus tickets by the state trooper that has been on the news is every day practice by the cops here in Meheeeeeeco !!!

Old 02-05-2010, 03:17 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,470,837 times
Wait. You wanted to move back to South FL? What is wrong with you! Haven't you heard there is crime here? Traffic? My God the traffic. And the Hispanics. You need serious help. Stay in NC, which is the promised land.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Wait. You wanted to move back to South FL? What is wrong with you! Haven't you heard there is crime here? Traffic? My God the traffic. And the Hispanics. You need serious help. Stay in NC, which is the promised land.

Some places attract different folks. Different strokes for different folks. I wouldnt do it either, but to each their own.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:20 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolefan34 View Post
wait. You wanted to move back to south fl? What is wrong with you! Haven't you heard there is crime here? Traffic? My god the traffic. And the hispanics. You need serious help. Stay in nc, which is the promised land.
rofl

Old 02-06-2010, 07:32 AM

OP, you're living in the Raleigh area?

Old 02-06-2010, 09:06 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,333 times
Quote:
Interesting .. seeing more and more people moving back to South Florida from the "nirvana" of North Carolina .... we had new neighbors move in down the street here in Heron Bay ( Parkland ) a few months ago from Raleigh ... I have not had time to speak much to them .. seem like nice people originally from Rhode Island who had lived in Coral Springs for twelve years before departing for NC ... one son told me they just could not get used to NC after only four years there .... anyhow I guess the grass is not always greener on the other side ???
Love Heron Bay!!!! Just spent some time there for my boyfriend's brother's wedding.. Wedding was at the Parkland Country Club.. beautiful area. I spent most of my time by the beach, and never got to enjoy the areas further west. And yes.. Ive heard quite a few stories of people doing just that! Leaving FL for someplace with peace and quiet, only to go crazy and miss the craziness of FL. (us included!) And of course, there are other reasons as well.. like.. no state income taxes in FL!! wee!

Quote:
I love Ponte Vedra and most of North East Florida in general ... that is where my wife and I want to move to in another five - six years or when our girls are out of college ... laid back , lovely , nice people , weather ... the seasons ( yes the seasons ) ... four hours to Atlanta , five to South Florida , no hurricanes , lower cost of living , beaches , did I mention only a six hour drive to the snow in the winter ... short drives to Savannah and Charleston ... even a shorter drives to St. Augustine and Amelia Island !!

I envy you ... good luck !!
Hey thanks!! We'll welcome you when you're ready to move. We love Ponte Vedra for all the reasons you just cited!! We're really looking forward to getting settled in and experiencing all the wonders of FL.. and NOT taking it for granted this time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene1014 View Post
My reason for moving to NC in the first place was because my father was ill. He needed special medical treatment from the VA/Duke Hospital for his condition. So I moved myself and my two boys to NC to be near him. I always wanted to come back to FL. Grew up in the Fort Lauderdale area. Now My kids are grown, just ended a 10 year relationship so I am ready to come back and start over . I'm excited but scared!
Good luck! Its a huge step, but sounds like you know what you want to do.. You'll be so happy to be near the FLL beaches again!!

Old 02-06-2010, 09:21 PM

^^^"Missing the craziness of FL", LOL.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:07 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
^^^"Missing the craziness of FL", LOL.

Say what you want about South Florida and even Orlando ... it is rarely ever boring down here ... I think NC is beautiful and would love to go to Cary , Raleigh , Ashville or even Charlotte every year during the spring ... but I would not want to live in any of those cities .. they are nice ... but to slow for my taste . Again to each his own .... personally I am a Florida , California , Arizona and even Texas kind of person
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area