Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 07:04 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
it depends where in NC u are...South Charlotte rent isnt cheap....and where we lived the home rentals werent cheap either....and u certainly didnt have amenities there like u have here in South Florida
S CLT rent isnt cheap, but I was paying - in Oviedo - a small town outside of Orlando - $1200 for a 2 br 2 ba - and that was over 3 yrs ago. Same apartment in Asheville was costing us $604/mo prior to our move to Orlando. And my wife was paid $1 per hr less in Asheville compared to Orlando.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 09:26 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,766,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
well Chels if one is comparing NC to FL then yes it would be relevant...because its not a fair comparision overall...the Rents however could be comparable depending where in Fl she moves too and where in NC she is moving from
I took her post to mean that she wanted to come to Florida no matter what - I think only com was comparing the 2 cities but - that is just how I read, maybe she did mean it that way.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:50 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Like I said it depends on where in NC and I can almost guarantee you that rent is cheaper in whatever part of NC than in S FL. There are plenty of amenities in CLT. There are TONS of places in S FL where she cannot get the same things as she can in CLT in a quick drive. The OP may not want to live in FTL or Boca, they may want to live somewhere inland, who knows.

I'd be curious to hear the OP respond. This is like the 4th or 5th "junior member" who is all of a sudden wanting to move to S FL from NC. A bit odd. And then they never post again, or all of a sudden there is another "junior member" who just joined with the same story. I'm not saying the OP is doing this, but I just find it odd that there are like 4 or 5 "junior members" all of a sudden with the same "I live in NC and want to move to S FL" story.

I noticed the same thing. I thought something was fishy.

Glad you mentioned it.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:13 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,766,181 times
Why do you guys find it so hard to believe that someone would want live in florida over NC - it is all about preference - I like NYC but don't want to live here any more - but I wouldn't argue a persons preference to live there. There is room enough for everyone to like all kinds of places. Can't we all just get along on this v-day lol!

Old 02-14-2010, 09:33 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
because Chels this place is so awful didnt u know? It amazes me it goes back to those places people run too turn out to be not much better than anywhere else....However, I hate to inform you that people do really like it here and not everyone likes it elsewhere....although that is hard for some of you to believe...and I also think florida has alot to offer...and as far as being Fishy I don't see anything fishy about it....I have quiet a few acquaintances threw swim and a few of kids in my sons high school that have MOVED BACK from Charlotte, Cary NC as well as Alpharetta and Cherokee county in GA.....or have had friends come back here so I guess they realized that they actually had something good here, or they missed their family or Well they actually love it here...

Last edited by Swimmom32; 02-14-2010 at 09:47 AM..

Old 02-14-2010, 09:39 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Why do you guys find it so hard to believe that someone would want live in florida over NC - it is all about preference - I like NYC but don't want to live here any more - but I wouldn't argue a persons preference to live there. There is room enough for everyone to like all kinds of places. Can't we all just get along on this v-day lol!
I don't mind, they don't want to move to Florida, that's fine. More job opportunities for me as far as I see it.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:49 AM

so true..more opportunities for people who want or are trying to get here

Old 02-14-2010, 10:33 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,710,346 times
Comsense - nothing fishy going on...all IP addresses of those posters point to NC. Ive been checking them since you first noticed this phenomenon about a week ago. They're all different too, so not just one person with multiple accounts either. It may be that your projecting your own feelngs onto other people. I know I moved back from Tampa, a seemingly nicer place to some like yourself. It may be that no matter the negatives, some places feel like home due to family, climate, etc., esp if you had lived there awhile. I mean why do people live in North Dakota?

Old 02-14-2010, 12:20 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
4 or 5 "I am in NC and wantto move to SFL" to me is fishy. I didnt meet 4 or 5 people in NC that wanted to move back to FL in 10 yrs, all of a sudden, 4 or 5 in one week. Kind of fishy. I DM'd 2 of them when they had specific questions and I thought I could help out. Neither responded back, and almost all of the 4 or 5 havent posted since.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:33 PM

well I posted I lived in NC and looking to move to SFL and ive been on this forum since 06...I also have spoken with some people in DM about both states who were looking to move back to florida or those that have never lived in florida and were looking to move here YES from NC and GA..and about our experiences in NC...So im sorry Com but u can think what u like, there are plenty of people who feel they made a mistake moving and I can see your love for NC and that is fine, but believe me most of them are legit that are looking to move back....its a shame you hate it here so much...we didnt like NC but that doesnt mean im going to bash it...it wasn't our cup of tea or our childrens and at the end of the day, we should have come here instead since we couldnt do it 11 years ago when we wanted too.. and we love florida and im sure some people think we are crazy but u know what we havent been this happy in a very long time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area