Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 12:57 PM

1,500 posts, read 3,331,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Then they shouldnt go so out of their way to act gay, which is what so many do. It's always this "look at me, I'm gay and proud" pride that they wear that's so annoying. If one is gay, who cares, and in S FL, people care less about other people anyway, but to go out of your way to show people, is just uncalled for and annoying.
posting for the tune just in case you care to sing along... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjWJ5Xj41B8

Homophobia

There was a man who took a stand to try to shed some light
He said that sexual preference is a basic human right
The school board laid him off and said the budget was too tight
But it sounds suspiciously like homophobia to me

Last edited by fauve; 02-07-2010 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 01:41 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Great song, thanks.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:54 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post

fortunately for the mixed couple, fort lauderdale is very accomodating and you should have no trouble at all finding a hotel which will accept a str8 woman, a gay man and their bi-curious dog. As long as she keeps her shirt on, he keeps his pants on and the dog doesn't shed too much, likely you will all fit in by the pool.
lol!

Old 02-07-2010, 02:08 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Then they shouldnt go so out of their way to act gay, which is what so many do. It's always this "look at me, I'm gay and proud" pride that they wear that's so annoying. If one is gay, who cares, and in S FL, people care less about other people anyway, but to go out of your way to show people, is just uncalled for and annoying.
Hey, it kind of works that way with being an alleged "native Florida cracker" too, ya know...

Old 02-07-2010, 02:12 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,082,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba89 View Post
Well yes that was rude. You must not have a good friend that is gay or you would understand. If i could delete the posting I would because obviously I will not get any help on this forum.
I have several gay family members and we are all originally from Florida...and I don't understand your question. Why not just a regular hotel?

Old 02-07-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
posting for the tune just in case you care to sing along...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjWJ5Xj41B8

Homophobia

There was a man who took a stand to try to shed some light
He said that sexual preference is a basic human right
The school board laid him off and said the budget was too tight
But it sounds suspiciously like homophobia to me

Sorry mod, didn't realize I was infringing on copyrights as I specifically posted the copyright information. Hope I am not breaking any rules by posting this but if you do not mind, at least I need to add back the part of the song you cut which I posted specifically in response to common sense's post about gays flaunting their sexuality...

Some liberals say that it's okay for people to be *****
As long as they don't "flaunt" it, but it seems to me my dear
That we've seen straight folks flaunt their sexuality for years
Sounds suspiciously like homophobia to me

And of course the copyright information so that everyone knows to what my post refers...

music & lyrics ©1985 Ron Romanovsky & Paul Phillips
Published by Bodacious Music (ASCAP)

Thank you

Old 02-07-2010, 04:09 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,707,314 times
TOS doesnt address whether posting the copyright info lessens the site owner's legal exposure, so I can't address whether that makes any difference. I would imagine that would be the copyright holder's call. Probably due to each copyright holder having different policies, this is the snippet from TOS regarding the issue:

Copyrighted Material - Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post.
Well, ok, but usually people complain when I get snippy.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:34 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,707,314 times
Quote:
Well, ok, but usually people complain when I get snippy.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:57 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
God hates ****? That's the youtube video you are trying to post about? First of all, God doesnt hate ****, and second of all, whoever came up with the name is obviously foolish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area