Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 09:31 PM

65 posts, read 244,620 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

We have a contract on a vacant foreclosed home in Plantation and are closing on Monday, March 1.

We went by the house today, to take some pictures and found someone living in the house claiming that they are renting the house from its owner. Let's just say that I went crazy, I called my realtor and the listing realtor who came out and brought the police with them.

The "owner" of the home claims that he took posession of the house 2 days ago because it had been abandoned for more than 90 days. He filed a quit claim deed with Broward County.

The listing agent explained to the police officers that the house was not abandoned and was under contract from early January. The water and light bill were in his name and there was work being done on the house as recently as last week. The officers said that they could not tell these people to leave and we had to go to court.

These people moved in Friday night. All the neighbors came out and were just shocked at what was happening.

What can we do? We have a contract with the bank on this house.

Please help us. This is our dream house and we are afraid that these people are going to wreck it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 09:34 PM

91 posts, read 408,638 times
get legal advise. there should have been a title search. you should get your money back. there are other dream houses out there. hugs.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:50 PM

We have a real estate lawyer and I have been calling her all afternoon.

The next door neighbor of the home has also contacted his lawyer because they are afraid of what else these people are going to try.

We hope to hear from our lawyer tomorrow.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:54 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,319,497 times
I'm pretty sure a house has to be empty more than 90 days for somebody to try anything like that.

Get the bank involved, too. They're not going to want anyone to screw up their sale and I'm sure they have some muscle behind them.

That's a crazy situation, though! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Old 02-27-2010, 10:18 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phodg2 View Post
Hello all,

We have a contract on a vacant foreclosed home in Plantation and are closing on Monday, March 1.

We went by the house today, to take some pictures and found someone living in the house claiming that they are renting the house from its owner. Let's just say that I went crazy, I called my realtor and the listing realtor who came out and brought the police with them.

The "owner" of the home claims that he took posession of the house 2 days ago because it had been abandoned for more than 90 days. He filed a quit claim deed with Broward County.

The listing agent explained to the police officers that the house was not abandoned and was under contract from early January. The water and light bill were in his name and there was work being done on the house as recently as last week. The officers said that they could not tell these people to leave and we had to go to court.

These people moved in Friday night. All the neighbors came out and were just shocked at what was happening.

Please help us. This is our dream house and we are afraid that these people are going to wreck it.
You need to get your lawyer involved. DO NOT CLOSE on this property unless the title issue can be resolved and the home is vacant.

I hope the bank sues this scum of the earth "landlord"

Old 03-02-2010, 12:28 PM

5 posts, read 22,008 times
I feel really sorry for you - something like that happend to me in the Sunrise area. When we spoke to the bank about it they voided all the papers related to ower buy and simply told us to get another house...

Old 03-02-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portal_reina View Post
I feel really sorry for you - something like that happend to me in the Sunrise area. When we spoke to the bank about it they voided all the papers related to ower buy and simply told us to get another house...

I am so sorry to hear that!!! Was the person who did it owner of Helping Hands, Inc.?

Last edited by phodg2; 03-02-2010 at 03:13 PM..

Old 03-02-2010, 02:19 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
hello all,

we have a contract on a vacant foreclosed home in plantation and are closing on monday, march 1.

We went by the house today, to take some pictures and found someone living in the house claiming that they are renting the house from its owner. Let's just say that i went crazy, i called my realtor and the listing realtor who came out and brought the police with them.

The "owner" of the home claims that he took posession of the house 2 days ago because it had been abandoned for more than 90 days. He filed a quit claim deed with broward county.

The listing agent explained to the police officers that the house was not abandoned and was under contract from early january. The water and light bill were in his name and there was work being done on the house as recently as last week. The officers said that they could not tell these people to leave and we had to go to court.

These people moved in friday night. All the neighbors came out and were just shocked at what was happening.

the listng agent is not a lawyer. You need a lawyer. Contact me via pm and i will put you in contact with a real estate lawyer in broward county.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
the listng agent is not a lawyer. You need a lawyer. Contact me via pm and i will put you in contact with a real estate lawyer in broward county.

Thank you very much. We have a real estate lawyer but our rights are limited since the house is still owned by the bank.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:53 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
Thank you very much. We have a real estate lawyer but our rights are limited since the house is still owned by the bank.
Well what does the lawyer say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area