Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 10:44 PM

182 posts, read 502,089 times

Advertisements

What is the major difference between Pembroke Pines, Ft Lauderdale, Miramar and Weston? Oh, someone has also recommended Davie.

Thanks for your info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 05:26 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,051,442 times
huge differences....don't even know where to start. As far as wanting to live and nice quality of life.....

# 1 - Weston
# 2 - Davie
# 3 - Pee pee pines
# 4 - Miramar
# 5 - Ft.Liqourdale

Old 04-12-2010, 02:31 AM

Oh sounds like there are some things I should know here. Can anyone expand on how they differ a bit more for me. So hard to tell where to begin.

Does that mean most people are moving to Weston and Davie? Or is there a different rapidly growing area. Please excuse my ignorance.

Oh, my husband is now asking me to ask if Aventura is in a good/bad area?

Thanks appreciate help

Old 04-12-2010, 09:48 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,709,754 times
Aventura is a good area but in Dade County, so the Miami forum should have the answers re school, etc. It is mostly condos.

No area is really growing right now due to the housing slow-down and the lack of available land left to build on. most people new to the area concerned about schools would probably look first to Weston, Davie, Cooper City or Parkland. Ft lauderdale has some very nice parts (the nicest even), but is only an option were your kids to attend a private school like Pinecrest or be entered into a magnet program. The magnets can be competitive or lottery-based, and not an option you can count on, though some are terrific.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:28 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
huge differences....don't even know where to start. As far as wanting to live and nice quality of life.....

# 1 - Weston
# 2 - Davie
# 3 - Pee pee pines
# 4 - Miramar
# 5 - Ft.Liqourdale
1. I agree with this.

2. Pee Pee Pines lol

Old 04-12-2010, 05:50 PM

Someone is going to have to enlighten me on the pee pee pines scenario. Is it that bad?

Old 04-13-2010, 10:12 AM

2 posts, read 9,700 times
Moderator cut: xenophobic I remember when Pines started developments out West and it grew like crazy. Due to the housing bubble burst, there have been a lot of people who otherwise couldn’t afford to purchase there who now can or the fact that many homes are now being rented. Nowadays there are plenty of 20” blades with loud blasting music pretty much anywhere in Pines. Forget the East, as nothing’s changed down there. The West has become more and more like the East side of the city. Overall Pines has plenty of secured overpriced properties that keep the city out of reach of the worst Miami has to offer. Never the less, the hood is slowly creeping in. Pines Police has enough slugs in their police force to insure that the ghetto blasters go unnoticed.

Last edited by fauve; 04-13-2010 at 10:37 AM..

Old 04-13-2010, 10:20 AM

389 posts, read 1,084,071 times
Ok, to OP, do not listen to the above post. I live in West Pembroke Pines and it is beautiful. I highly recommend it. They have great schools and a lot to do around the area. Now I do agree that East Pines is not a desireable neighborhood, hence why I bought a house is West Pines.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:25 AM

356 posts, read 1,268,996 times
What pp's have said before is true.

#1 weston
expensive and snobby but good schools and nice kids
#2 davie
nice area some good schools
#3 pines
used to be great. im not loving it anymore. west pines is over crowded, people are rude but it is still a nice area. east pines is getting to be the hood. Pembroke Lakes in pembroke pines is still nice and the schools are good
#4 cooper city.. no one mentioned that area. very nice, certain parts are old but most is nice. and YES even the nice areas are turning hood
#5 ft lauderdale dont go there
#6 miramar.. no way to east miramar and west is the exact same is west pines

Aventura, not really a place to raise kids IMO

All the areas are like this... there are nice neighborhoods and not nice ones. Even the not nice ones are still pretty decent (except for f.lauderdale)

Old 04-13-2010, 11:41 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,686 times
I'm sorry, I have to interject here - I'm sure I will not be received well for saying this...but I'm going to say it anyway.

I find that the reason people dislike PP is an underlying issue - some come straight out and say it others beat around the bush - IT HAS TOO MANY HISPANICS - and when you get too many together only bad things can happen. Obviously, I'm being totally sarcastic, but I have asked why people don't like the area and there really are no real reason except they think there are too many hispanics. Being Hispanic myself I can say that is unequivocally how I felt.

Now, I have been to Cooper City and frankly do not see what everyone is raving about - sorry guys - I really don't. It was nice, but way to rural to me.

A friend suggested CC to me not because of the Hispanic thing as she is most certainly not that way, but because of the congestion that PP is susceptible to.

I happen to LOVE the diversity that PP offers and coming from NYC I can tell you it is the most diverse place I have seen in Broward. I sat outside the schools last week and all the kids were great - they all intermingled and played and were very normal. When I was in Coral Springs it wasn't the same. Cooper City's schools were nice as well, but the city itself was just kind of blah to me.

Compelled will tell you there isn't much difference between WPP and EPP and he is right, in regards to crime and things of that nature. However, WPP's appearance is much nicer. People will have you think that renters are the worst - I will be renting too and I'm a good tenant who wants to live in a nice area - sue me. Like Jimbo said the schools are good and most everyone seems to be happy - every school has its issues including those you spend a million a year on.

Is WPP busy yep, but there is everything and I mean everything at your finger tips. That is why I liked it a lot of people thought it was too congested for this reason. I call it the "inconvenience of convenience". I don't know where you are from Fire - tell me that and I can help you decide if WPP is a good place or not. It is beautiful, but some things may not be for you. But please don't be scared off by "loud music" and "OMG his pants are hangin" - I realize it isn't pleasant but it really is a part of the culture our kids have made for themselves - I don't think it is the worst thing in the world and as long as the music isn't playing outside of my house at 10:00 at night, I could care less how loud some fool is playing it on the STREET. And as for the clothes, we had mom jeans, shoulder pads and what could be considered the worst hair era in america. Let's not make mountains out of mole hills. These kids are not robbing and stealing and throwing up gang signs. I wish you luck! Please DM me if you need anything, I'm moving down in 4 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area