Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 07:04 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,783,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralei2 View Post
I agree with Joseph. You may wish to check out Cooper City, as well. Don't let other posters scare you regarding Spanish residents.
This is a really old bumped thread. I hope the OP did pick Cooper City though, I suggested it way back. I also changed my attitude towards the whole Habla espanol thing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 07:20 PM

98 posts, read 306,020 times
I live in Pines and it has some nice "behind the scenes" areas (meaning Taft between flamingo to Johnson). The neighborhoods are older but generally maintained and Taft, Johnson, Sheridan afford you to travel in parallel to Pines with very little traffic. I don't find as much hablo here as in Doral, Miami Lakes or even Miramar. I don't have kids so I cannot speak to the schools. There is plenty of shopping. Not a terrible area

Old 07-17-2007, 01:52 PM

136 posts, read 479,762 times
"The Pines" is a very good place to live overall. It is, though, rather huge for a suburb, and it can get quite congested because of the Pembroke Lakes Mall and all the other retail along Pines Boulevard. It's also relatively removed from the coastal areas. Still, very good schools.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:49 PM

14 posts, read 81,461 times
You can also check Miramar, I live near I-75 and are selling my place due to job relocation. If interested let me know or go to: http://www.city-data.com/forum/class...r-fl-sale.html
Miramar is growing and it just a short drive away from Pembroke Pines, there are 5 schools in a 2mi area from my place, 2 of them are brand new.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:51 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,783,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axeltr View Post
You can also check Miramar, I live near I-75 and are selling my place due to job relocation. If interested let me know or go to: http://www.city-data.com/forum/class...r-fl-sale.html
Miramar is growing and it just a short drive away from Pembroke Pines, there are 5 schools in a 2mi area from my place, 2 of them are brand new.
This is a really old thread, but Miramar is also a good place to check out for the OP. Very nice, incredibly diverse place, but safe neighborhoods and good schools.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:20 AM

136 posts, read 479,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
This is a really old thread, but Miramar is also a good place to check out for the OP. Very nice, incredibly diverse place, but safe neighborhoods and good schools.
Although, regarding Miramar, I'd suggest looking for housing WEST of Hiatus Road. That's where the newer neighborhoods are. Although I find the houses in eastern Miramar more charming, the homes aren't generally as well-maintained as those in the western areas. One of my brothers lives in western Miramar, in the Silver Lakes development. It is a beautiful area, though I wouldn't wanna live there. Too far out west for my taste.

Rich

Old 08-03-2007, 09:28 AM

41 posts, read 158,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stat3man View Post
Although, regarding Miramar, I'd suggest looking for housing WEST of Hiatus Road. That's where the newer neighborhoods are. Although I find the houses in eastern Miramar more charming, the homes aren't generally as well-maintained as those in the western areas. One of my brothers lives in western Miramar, in the Silver Lakes development. It is a beautiful area, though I wouldn't wanna live there. Too far out west for my taste.

Rich
Not to mention that crime east of Hiatus will increase the more you go east- stay in the Pines area if you can afford it- preferably west of i-75

Old 07-08-2010, 10:04 PM

61 posts, read 173,595 times
Pembroke Pines west of University is considered very desirable by local buyers, and Realtors are happy to accomodate them.

There are lots of bargains to be found in every price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area