Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2010, 06:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,742 times

Advertisements

My family (husband, myself, 6 yr old boy) are planning on moving from rural CT to FL. We are looking into Boca or Weston. Good schools are important as well as good restaurants, shopping, decent drive to the beach, family oriented neighborhood. What are the pros and cons of each town? Any reccomemded communities in either town? Where not to live?
Thank you in advance for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 06:45 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,366,135 times
I can only speak of Boca...We live in Central boca and are very happy here...Our schools arent too crowded, my daughter has 20 kids in her class and my son is in HS and they seem to have around 2100 kids compared to some of the high schools that isnt too bad...the largest class he has is 27 kids..... We are very comforable in Boca the developements are older but really nice, People are nice and not everyone is snobby or stuck up as some posters will chime in and tell you...We fit right in here as we have all made some really good friends...Love the fact that im close to everything, major shopping, highways, the mall...It depends on what you are looking for...

Close to the Beach in Boca as well, although Deerfield beach is def nicer and not far from here either...

Old 04-13-2010, 12:23 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,045,681 times
If you are Jewish....Boca would feel much more at home for you. If not...Weston would do nicely.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:40 PM

995 posts, read 3,928,285 times
I think the biggest factor b/w the 2 cities will depend on where you commute to.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:19 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,072,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
If you are Jewish....Boca would feel much more at home for you. If not...Weston would do nicely.
Weston has a huge Jewish community as well .... in fact many are Hispanic Jews from Argentina , Colombia and Venezuela ... not to mention the many Jewish people from New York , & New Jersey .. I would say that Boca's Jewish community is larger , but not by much .

Old 04-14-2010, 06:20 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,366,135 times
there is a difference though between the Argenianians, columbians and Venezuela Jews than opposed to those in Boca....Not in a bad way Just different culture beileve it or not...My kids swim against Weston Aquatics and we had the pleasure of meeting some nice parents but from what they said it is very different and they were from Venezuela and Jewish...They had asked us how we liked living in Boca etc, and told them we loved it....We are jewish as well, but are very comfortable here in Boca...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area