Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 01:47 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,709,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
What exactly does this have to do with political views?
lol, Im wondering the same thing!

Old 04-28-2010, 01:51 PM

1,076 posts, read 2,369,084 times
What on earth are you people talking about? My response was to the original poster. LOL not about political views. They mentioned being conservative but that wasnt the only thing mentioned. Wow, I didnt say anything wrong, but seems to be some trolling going on, I gave her my honest opinion about this area for a young family.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:55 PM

469 posts, read 1,328,124 times
ummmm... my vote is still for Cooper City or Davie.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:56 PM

To the OP, ConsideringFlorida, if you didnt find my posting to you offensive, please see the above for reasons leaving .lol. Its alot of what you find here.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLShorty4lyfe View Post
What on earth are you people talking about? My response was to the original poster. LOL not about political views. They mentioned being conservative but that wasnt the only thing mentioned. Wow, I didnt say anything wrong, but seems to be some trolling going on, I gave her my honest opinion about this area for a young family.
Hey, you're the one who made a point that it wasn't a good place for a conservative family due to all of the Spanish and broken English being spoken. I know Im just trying to figure out how you got from Point A to Point B.

Oh and I think Az may be more your speed. Asheville, NC is a liberal mecca.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:09 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,686 times
Quote:
To the OP, ConsideringFlorida, if you didnt find my posting to you offensive, please see the above for reasons leaving .lol. Its alot of what you find here.
Lil - I think you are taking it personally - when the comments (I don't believe) were directed at you personally. Having an opinion opposite that of someone else does not make you rude. I'm wondering if you are a floridian born and raised? Just curious.

The OP is in Kansas(?) by way of NY. I (like you) interpreted the conservative to mean something other than political but for all we know it could mean both political and personal, she never specified. I'm liberal on some points and conservative on others - that is just apart of getting older - we get more and more like our parents.

I've been to TN - there are nasty people there too - be prepared for it.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
Hey, you're the one who made a point that it wasn't a good place for a conservative family due to all of the Spanish and broken English being spoken. I know Im just trying to figure out how you got from Point A to Point B.

Oh and I think Az may be more your speed. Asheville, NC is a liberal mecca.
I said what? You need to go back and re-read that. First off all, broken english is not my peeve. It's knowing english and choosing to speak it poorly (using two negatives in one sentence, the word aint..). And in case you missed it, my bf and daughter are both hispanic... so.. umm.. your confusing me. I harped in about the area being liberal, but that was hardly my point. There was no A and B, it was simply a response about the area for a young family. Asheville is hadly my mecca anyways. NC as a whole is conservative though. And by experience, a much friendlier place. ::cough cough::

Old 04-28-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
This is your original post in case you've forgotten:

Quote:
The entire South Florida population as a whole is extremely liberal. I am what i used to call a liberal, but realized as i grew up that i must be conservative as alot of what I see in Broward/Miami both disgust and offend me. I am in no way racist or biased, but am getting the hell out of dodge when my lease is up in October and moving to NC. I am willing to uproot my daughter from all of her family and move to avoid raising a child in the environment here. Yes, the school systems are under par to say the very least. But it isnt just the schools, its most of the people here. Of course, you have the courteous, nice, caring people, but (maybe because population is so high?) its rare to see. More often than not your surrounded by non enlgish speaking (and i DO NOT MEAN ANOTHER LANGUAGE) horribly educated people. I "aint this", and dont be doing none of that.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
This is your original post in case you've forgotten:
Thank you, i have re-read that several times now trying to see where the problem is. Still dont see it... Like i've said already, they mentioned being conservative but was hardly the entire gist of their post. And the language, if you read it correctly, had NOTHING to do with speaking a different language. It has to do with the actual Americans speaking it poorly. So again, what is YOUR point? Or, we can stop being off topic, as you are a moderator, and allow someone else to voice their opinions for the original poster, as i did, letting them know what THEY think about this area for a young family.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:24 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,686 times
Fauve - remember what you said about complaining the other day - OMG - it makes soooooo much sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area